Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
nativeson

Default RRM Management & Production

Anybody know about this group? I got a request for scripts from them. They have a web page that seems legit. http://www.rrm.la/production/
nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
BurOak

Default Re: RRM Management & Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
Anybody know about this group? I got a request for scripts from them. They have a web page that seems legit. http://www.rrm.la/production/
Make sure that they were actually involved with all the films shown on their site. Some sketchy production outfits have been known to show or link to impressive-sounding projects with which they had absolutely no connection.
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
Ronaldinho

According to a quick glance at IMDB pro, they have three managers and 123 clients. They also seem to almost exclusively represent actors and describe themselves as a talent management company.

I don't know talent management, so I don't know what that number means. I know that for lit, that's an absurd ratio. But, again, they're not really lit managers.

I glanced at their talent list and saw one person who was clearly not primarily an actor, he was primarily a producer. There may be others but most of the people with credits other than acting credits are clearly actors first.

It's also not clear what their connection is to some of the films listed on the front page of their website. Maybe those are projects where their clients worked, I don't know, but they're not listed as a prodco on the two I checked, according to IMDB pro (which may not be accurate).

That doesn't mean they're not legitimate. In fact, with that many clients, I suspect they are. Just, if they're asking for your script, it's because they're looking for something to produce with their clients, not that they're looking to rep you.

How did they learn about your script to request it?
Ronaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
nativeson

From the Moviebytes listing service. I got exactly the same impression when scoping their site and imdb pro. In subsequent emails, the lit guy mentioned they work with other prodcos, so at the very least it's a chance for some exposure. Think I'll give it a go.
nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote