No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How 'bout a DDP meet up...

Originally posted by invaderujin View Post
    I put this DD meet up into my calendar and it actually auto-completed with the info from Will's last DD meet up - September 2007 at the Formosa Cafe.
    That sounds about right. We were supposed to be on the roof, but it rained as I recall and we had to go back into restaurant.

That was one that Will held at a place on Sunset Blvd? Upstairs, that place near where Book Soup is now? Can't remember the name of it. That one was fun.
    Near Book Soup. It was Red Rock which is now Social State House. They want at least $2K for the same room, which was free back then.

Were you at the one at the old Jerry's Deli that used to be across from the Beverly Center? That must've been 2004-ish? Ben Stein and Robbie Williams made cameo appearances.

Ah, good times. Anyways, fly back for this one, Raven. It'll be fun.
    Yes. That was the Jerry's. We had maybe four or so get-togethers there, I believe. Would even go next door to Dominick's for after dinner drinks on the patio.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

That was one that Will held at a place on Sunset Blvd? Upstairs, that place near where Book Soup is now? Can't remember the name of it. That one was fun.

Were you at the one at the old Jerry's Deli that used to be across from the Beverly Center? That must've been 2004-ish? Ben Stein and Robbie Williams made cameo appearances.

Ah, good times. Anyways, fly back for this one, Raven. It'll be fun.
      Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
      Near Book Soup. It was Red Rock which is now Social State House. They want at least $2K for the same room, which was free back then.
      Yes, I was at the Red Rock one! That was a good one. I don't know why I didn't make the one at the Formosa Cafe, since I would have been around. I must have had a conflict. I think I was at that one at Jerry's Deli.

If I were closer, I might be tempted to fly in for this one. But I'm all the way across the country...
      "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
      ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

These DD meetups are great. I actually met my husband at one.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconRanger View Post
          just so there's no confusion, i actually got to jerry's deli for the social gathering, sort of. it had stopped pouring and the river had gone down some but was still over the road i'd been walking and thumbing from, so i was busting my way through the brambles using my flashlite with those dang cats following me and a feller started hollering at me from below. it was so inky dark that night i could barely make out something in the water, but as i neared, i could tell there was a feller on a makeshift raft made of driftwood and plywood and whatnot. he told me he'd give me a ride and it did seem like it would beat busting through that wet brush so i got on and we shoved off and floated on down the river in a pleasant way until i could hear him shivering. i asked his condition and he said he was poorly and he'd got soaked and had caught his death cold and was freezing in his wet clothes. i told him i'd switch clothings with him just for a bit being mine were dry and he seemed about to perish. i still hadn't got a good look at him being the darkness and anyway, about the time we'd got the clothes switched, we went around a bend and a floodlight lit us up and that feller beside me stood up, threw his hands up high and yelled, 'shoot him!' he's an escaped prisoner holding me hostage' at that time i looked at my clothes and they were prison clothes for a surety (i'd been locked up once before, won't go into that), i was covered in black and white stripes with a number across my chest. about the time i jumped up and pointed at them to tell them my side of things the shooting started. they were poor shots but the dogs they had with them had good noses and did tree me a ways on down the river. i didn't know right then that that huge storm had damaged the electrical systems at the prison up near bluff city and all the electfonic doors buzzed open and about half the inmates made a run for it. yada yada moving forward, it took them two days to figure out from my fingerprints and the looks of me that they'd arrested an innocent man on that riverbank. i guess feeling bad about what they'd done, they told me they'd give me a bus ticket back home. i told that man my home was jerry's deli, hollywood, Cal i forn I A. i could still just make it there if i left that evening. anyway, i got to the deli and made me a big sign with 'ancon' which i hung around my neck with twine and i walked around and kept asking if any dder's were there. didn't see nobody and people sure treated me oddly like i had a rash that was itching to spread and i started wondering if the social event got cancelled. a nice waitress i talked to told me she was a screenwriter too and a dder as well, but she had never heard of me. i told her i had over 2000 posts and we'd got into a battle or two on the boards about sluglines and 'we sees' and things such as those, but she couldn't place me. i was pretty confused about the whole thing until she told me i had the date wrong, the party was the weekend before. she said it was a real hoot. crap. wouldn't you just know it. so anyway, i stayed til closing time and then walked back to the bus station and decided to take a nap before getting me a ride back home. i was feeling a bit down and worn about it all. i kept thinking how much work i had to do once i got back home retyping those scripts that got blown away in the storm. i liked to create my work standing up like hemingway did on a typewriter, just next time i'd make copies of my stories i promised myself being those were my only copies and i had been kicking my butt about that pretty bad since they blew away to who knows where. that next morning when awaking, i remembered having a crazy dream where a man mugged me in the middle of the night as i slept on that bench and took what little money i had on me. then when i checked my pockets in the morning, sure enough, i had gotten thieved upon. i leaned back in my seat and chewed on my lip, heard a crinkling sound, and began tearing off signs people had taped to my back at the restaurant the night before i figured, and until that moment did not know were there. one of them said, 'i'm from out of town. mug me.' i kept wondering what kind of person would alert a mugger who to mug...., and another said, 'ask me to say something. i'm such a dumass.' i figured whoever put those there thought it was funny, and i guess it was when they did it being they might have had a couple drinks and couldn't handle their alcohol, but it didn't make me chuckle being i didn't have money and was hungry and wasn't in the mood to thumb over 2000 miles being the trip had been such a disappointment in many ways. i tore off my ancon sign still around my neck, walked to the local library trying to keep my chin up, logged on and sent mr. will donedeal a email note about the whole mess and my predicament and he came down to the bus station and loaned me cash money for bus fare and some meal money and i told him i'd pay him back just as soon as i could. now, i'll bet anybody reading this, if anybody is reading this, is thinking...so that's why he's not gonna try to make it to the fellowshipping social get-together this year if you all decide to have it...because he still owes will donedeal that money and he don't want to be running into him. well, no, that's not the reason, even though i haven''t paid him back yet, but i have the past several years been scraping it together being i've gotten myself in a tight spot from time to time and money has been hard to come by and even harder to keep hold of. but that ain't the reason. see, the reason is i have other more important things to do this year and that's all there is to that and that's all i'm gonna say about the whole thing. hope if ya'll have a social get-together it is a fun one for all. might catch you next year.
          Who stole your return key?

Comment

Working...
          X