This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

I hope you're talking about mine Andrew!

Never hurts to have delusions of grandeur...
    Last edited by MontanaHans; 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Which reminds me, I need to chime in on this sticky!

For years I wanted to get professional coverage on my screenplays but I never thought it was worth the money. EvilRbt is worth the money. Honestly, as a screenwriter it's the best use of $60 I can think of. Andrew's coverage helped elevate four of my scripts. One is now my go-to sample (still want him to look at it again), one is on track for a 2010 production, the third I still need to rewrite with his notes. For the fourth script, I sent him Draft One and got really helpful notes. Then I rewrote my treatment and paid for his treatment coverage. After that I've sent two subsequent drafts and they keep getting better. One of these days I'm hoping for a big "CONSIDER" stamp on it. Andrew cares about story and character and he knows how to make a concept more salable. He offers great plot points and new twists and has some really killer ideas on how to create a fresher yarn, seeing as how he's read thousands of scripts and all. Plus he's a great writer!

I'll never send a script to anyone unless Andrew's eyes have been on it at least once...he's my first reader from here on out. No doubt.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

My continued thanks, everyone!

Now, I don't have a coupon code entry on my website's checkout yet, so I've been asked many times about this...

For new clients who want to take advantage of the Done Deal $60 discount on coverage, send payment directly from your own paypal account to: [email protected]

Next, send me a PDF of your script to the same email address.

Easy as that. Just give me a head's up so I can schedule reading your work.

NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

I've used Andrew's services recently.

I will definitely send my script his wat in the future.

If I had 3 thumbs instead of 2, I would be pointing them all up for sure.
          Last edited by spacefarer; 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

FYI everyone, I am out of town for a few days starting this weekend and I'm already booked up until then. So shoot me emails first about availability before sending any payment or scripts. Right now, I'll be available again on the 26th.

Certainly not complaining though, it's really nice to be in demand!!!
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

Glad I got mine in a couple weeks ago, before the cut-off!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Hey everyone,

Wow. I take a mini-vacation to Seattle and come home to a dozen scripts I have to read! That's the price I pay for taking some time off I suppose. Not complaining at all, but I hate making you guys wait more than a week.

So let me launch into this stack first thing tomorrow and I'll update this thread once I'm close to catching up (probably Oct 1st or so).

Hope everyone's writing is going well!
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Excuses, excuses. Next thing you know he'll come up with more excuses to make people wait. Stuff like ..."I was injured surfing" or somethin.
                  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                  Dave Barry

Comment

just got my coverage notes back from screenplaymechanic:

on point, ahead of schedule, useful and a value.

Andrew was kind enough to answer my follow ups, etc. Mos def recommend if coverage is what you are looking for... remember, it's $60 and well worth the money. seems like a nice & genuine guy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by theturnaround View Post
                      just got my coverage notes back from screenplaymechanic:

on point, ahead of schedule, useful and a value.

Andrew was kind enough to answer my follow ups, etc. Mos def recommend if coverage is what you are looking for... remember, it's $60 and well worth the money. seems like a nice & genuine guy as well.
                      I most definitely agree. Watching your plot unfold in a detailed, carefully articulated synopsis is worth the 60 bucks alone. The comments are very constructive and insightful as well. Great service.

Comment

Current turnaround is 4/5 days.
                        Last edited by EvilRbt; 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM.
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

I just got feedback on two screenplays from Andrew, and wanted to give him a thumbs up, too. He pointed out places where both scripts could be strengthened, as well as tossing out a few ideas to help me on my way. Plus he got both write-ups back to me sooner than I had expected - all for an affordable price. I should have skipped Austin FF, which I submitted to largely for the notes, and gone straight to Andrew.

Comment

Thanks, P-jay

BTW, everyone, if you want feedback without the synopsis (like P-jay received) then it's only $50 if you email me and mention DD.
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

Chiming in to sing Andrew's praises, too. Just got back his coverage, and I'm really happy with it, both for the positive comments and the constructive criticism.

I've spent more money and gotten a lot less value than I got with Andrew.

Will definitely use his services again.

Comment

And turnaround time is fast.

Been a customer now 5, 6, 10 times? Great value and top notch notes.
                                "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X