Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inktip

Has anyone ever made ANY money off this site? A paid option? A writing gig?

Re: Inktip

I guess that's no-one then. Expected really.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
      I guess that's no-one then. Expected really.
      I heard of options here and there every so often. The "Producers" on that site aren't as vetted as the Black List, supposedly.

Comment

Was the question "Did anybody here on DDPro sell or option anything?" That's how I took it, and why I didn't offer a response, because...

Seriously, if one just goes to InkTip.com there are tons of links to all the movies made (verify on IMDB).

Isn't that easier and faster than posting the question here?

Comment

I signed a free option for one of my old scripts through the site. Even though I didn't get any money, the producer I signed with was able to get the script to some high level people I would have never had access to otherwise.

Comment

Hey... are ya'll talking about the wanted listings on the Preferred Newsletter or about posting the logline of a script you've written in their magazine?

Just curious.

Comment

Further to the OP, I found this almost by accident:

https://www.inktip.com/main_total_deals_closed

This is probably not all of the deals. InkTip is always "complaining gently" in their newsletters about writers making deals but not telling them about them.

Comment

I made a hundred dollars on an option for a short script once. The film never got made, at least not with that particular filmmaker. The option lapsed and the script was eventually produced by another filmmaker (who found the script through Simply Scripts).

That was some time ago. I haven’t listed anything at their site in years. I didn’t have any negative experiences there but it was largely uneventful.
                Last edited by Breanne; 04-19-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I got a big chuckle out of the free lead in the InkTip letter last week:
                  1) Seeking Low-Budget Western Scripts (Lead 7296)
                  We are looking for completed, feature-length low-budget western scripts.

Our budget is not to exceed $50,000. Only non-WGA writers should submit.

So I wonder if the horses are non-union, too.

Comment

Originally posted by abiqua View Post
                    So I wonder if the horses are non-union, too.
                    Time to break out the Monty Python coconuts...

Comment

Working...
                    X