Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plot Prometheus should have had...

I know the damage has been done, and it's irreversible, but I'm compelled to comment on what I feel should have been the plot for Prometheus.

The one thing Prevalent in these alien movies has been the addition of a synthetic life form as part of the mission. With that in mind, it would stand to reason that if humans were interested in the creation of Androids. The Engineers would be interested in artificial life forms as well.

So let's run with that.

- First and foremost, we would have two synthetic's on board... one male, and one female. (Adam and Eve.)

- The Prometheus Crew arrive on LV233 or whatever it was called. Find the remains of the Engineers, and realize the aliens were trying to escape a catastrophe.

- Upon further discovery they learn that the black goo seems to be a biological weapon capable of changing ones DNA, into an aggressive base life-form intent on killing.

- While this is transpiring, The female Android is exploring the cavern system and comes across the space ship... Where she finds... Not an Engineer, but a synthetic built by the aliens... He's been deactivated, and unfortunately the curious Female Synthetic turns the bastard on... (Shades of Pandora's box)

- The Synthetic, realizes that this female android is similar to him. A machine, and tells her they need to create order by removing chaos.. Chaos being all intelligent life in the Galaxy. The daffy chick sides with him (Reminiscent of Eve taking the apple from the devil. Or Lilith laying with Satan to spawn the Lilin.)

- The female android, goes back to the Ship, and tries to infect the crew with the black ooze. She tries to get David to join her and the alien Synthetic. But David sides with the humans... Who stop the Alien Synthetic...

- In the end, most everyone is wiped out... Save for Shaw, and David, and she decides to go find the aliens home planet.

What do you think?

Of course its all fanboy fiction. But a guy can dream can't he?
    http://www.mortalremainsthemovie.com/

Re: The plot Prometheus should have had...

I think you've got good ideas and already put more effort and thought into this than the actual people that made the movie.

I personally just wanted a straight up prequel. Show whatever led to the original Engineer's chest exploding and that ship that they found in the first film. Show that story and that hybrid monster chasing them down. Throw in some "deep" questions if you want. And either have humans running around or not and it would still be better than the craptacular Prometheus. I don't care if it's just an Alien redux with a slightly different monster.

And another thing...as much as people bash the Star Wars prequels, one thing that they absolutely did get right is that they worked hard to show that the technology that the characters had available to them wasn't quite up to par as the stuff they had in New Hope and beyond. I would have liked to have seen that in Prometheus as well. Sure the Nostromo was a mining ship in Alien, but we're supposed to believe one ship had 3-D mapping orb things and many years later all they have is an 8-bit graphic blip to track Dallas with? Even in Aliens, the marine cameras were grainier than what they had in Prometheus. Think of the computer Mother in Alien, then compare that to the fancy displays in Promotheus...Ugh....

I so hate this f###ing Prometheus movie!
    On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

I don't think it's quite fair to compare production values between Alien Aliens, and Prometheus. Between my phone, my laptop, and my calculator I probably have more computing power sitting on my desk than existed for all of Hollywood in 1977. 8 bit and grainy green screens might have been all Scott and Cameron had to work with back then, but the audiences today would roll their eyes if our heroes took their ship to LV-226 and only had 8 bit graphics available to them just for the sake of continuity.

That's like the argument among Trekkies that Enterprise looked too futuristic compared to the original Star Trek. I, for one, doubt that the future will really look like a back lot on Burbank, circa 1967 and wasn't going to hold a TV show produced in 2002 to that standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven R View Post
        I don't think it's quite fair to compare production values between Alien Aliens, and Prometheus. Between my phone, my laptop, and my calculator I probably have more computing power sitting on my desk than existed for all of Hollywood in 1977. 8 bit and grainy green screens might have been all Scott and Cameron had to work with back then, but the audiences today would roll their eyes if our heroes took their ship to LV-226 and only had 8 bit graphics available to them just for the sake of continuity.

That's like the argument among Trekkies that Enterprise looked too futuristic compared to the original Star Trek. I, for one, doubt that the future will really look like a back lot on Burbank, circa 1967 and wasn't going to hold a TV show produced in 2002 to that standard.
        Few movies have pissed me off more and more the more I think about them than Prometheus. I refuse to cut it any slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal_Remains View Post
          First and foremost, we would have two synthetic's on board... one male, and one female. (Adam and Eve.)
          That's as far as I got.

Well, not really, but...no.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Earth View Post
            Few movies have pissed me off more and more the more I think about them than Prometheus. I refuse to cut it any slack.
            Yeah, but there's legitimate criticism and then there's nitpicking. I don't think complaining that a film made almost 4 decades later not having the same production values is in the legitimate criticism category. They made the films with what they had at the time. I'm certain if Scott has access to CGI in 1977 the scenes with Mother's readouts would look different. I'm also quite certain that the audience of today would not go along with graphics that look like something made with BASIC in Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven R View Post
              Yeah, but there's legitimate criticism and then there's nitpicking. I don't think complaining that a film made almost 4 decades later not having the same production values is in the legitimate criticism category. They made the films with what they had at the time. I'm certain if Scott has access to CGI in 1977 the scenes with Mother's readouts would look different. I'm also quite certain that the audience of today would not go along with graphics that look like something made with BASIC in Prometheus.
              I think it can be hedged a little bit, but it's more interesting to keep with what was already shown to be in use. I concede that Star Wars had the advantage because they had so much stuff to play with and tons of cool things already in their world.

As for Star Trek, I agree with the fanboys. It's not that it's "wrong" to make a prettier looking ship because of the advancements in CGI, it's that it doesn't make sense to make something that appears to be functionally designed better than what comes later. It would be like adding fins to a 2013 Mazerati. And I'm not a big Star Trek fan, but wasn't one of the central themes of one movie that they made a bigger, badder ship? Even that one looked crappier than the "prequel" one--and I'm not talking CGI-wise, I'm talking how they appeared to be functionally.

All Prometheus had to do was tone down the map or the orb things, or even mention that they were state of the art and show amazement with its use(which they did say about the surgery unit thing).

As mentioned in the Prometheus thread by many, the orb things and the map were creators of some pretty big plot holes anyway which means they pretty much amount to just some pretty bullsh!t to look at, but that's pretty much what the whole movie was, so I guess I shouldn't just single that out.

Comment

That's as far as I got.

Well, not really, but...no.
                They wouldn't be named Adam and Eve. They would parallel that biblical story.

Did you watch Prometheus? A monkey could have cobbled together a better story.

Heck here's another idea... The Engineers have Bio-engineered humans on LV-266 to use as Guinea pigs in their experiments. They are held in contained areas similar to the dome's in Logan's run... One of these Humans breaks free and turns the experiments on the Engineers. Resulting in a crashed Derelict space ship and a xenomorph bursting from the chest of the pilot.

Sure it might be too closely related to The Matrix. But I could spend a week coming up with a better concept than Prometheus.

Comment

I think Prometheus should have had a plot, period.

Anything would have been better than what we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal_Remains View Post
                    They wouldn't be named Adam and Eve. They would parallel that biblical story.
                    It's not the names, it's that the Adam and Eve schtick is one of the oldest clichés in science fiction. And just how are a couple of androids supposed to be fruitful and multiply?

ETA: Actually, that premise would almost make it a blockbuster remake of Women of the Prehistoric Planet.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                      It's not the names, it's that the Adam and Eve schtick is one of the oldest clichés in science fiction. And just how are a couple of androids supposed to be fruitful and multiply?

ETA: Actually, that premise would almost make it a blockbuster remake of Women of the Prehistoric Planet.
                      But it could work. Prometheus, after all, is the Titan who molded humans from clay and stole fire from the gods.

Comment

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I'd much rather they go with Cain and Abel. Maybe Wayland has two "sons" on this trip, his biological son and his android and it becomes clear the android is the favored son and the biological son kills the android. At least that would be a newer take on the Genesis meets the Future theme.

Comment

What do you think?
                            Write it.

I'm sure by the time your done it wont resemble the alien franchise or Prometheus and you'll have the hottest new sci-fi spec in town.

50 Shades of Grey started out as fan fic, you can too. If all else fails, throw in some alien vs. android bondage.
                            Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

50 Shades of Grey started out as fan fic, you can too. If all else fails, throw in some alien vs. android bondage.
                              I'm unfamiliar with 50 shades of Grey, what's the story behind that?

As far as writing a different take on prometheus... I was mainly spitballing my own random thoughts, but some of those ideas could trickle into a future script one day.

Oh wait! Just now an idea for a cool science fiction film just struck me.

Sort of like District 9 with a twist.. A derelict alien space ship hovers in our atmosphere for months on end. When a science team goes to investigate the craft, they find the Alien crew dead or missing.. And a lone human survivor on the craft who's been missing since 1957...

This is the part where you tell me the idea sold last week for a mid six figure deal. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X