• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Spider-man trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOk30...layer_embedded
    hurry before it's deleted

Re: Amazing Spider-man trailer

Saw it earlier today. It's decent, but I really hope that POV angle is only for the trailer. It would be cool for a video game but I don't want to watch a movie like that. It's like the cell-sonar in Batman: TDK, easily the weakest point in the film.
    Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

What is wrong with Hollywood? I'm almost certain already that I will not be seeing this. Now they're rebooting the Spiderman franchise, after TDK Rises they will reboot Batman yet again. Not enough original material on the market or are the studios just not willing to take risks anymore?
      Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dodo1 View Post
          What is wrong with Hollywood? I'm almost certain already that I will not be seeing this. Now they're rebooting the Spiderman franchise, after TDK Rises they will reboot Batman yet again. Not enough original material on the market or are the studios just not willing to take risks anymore?
          It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$.

No matter how good a spec is, there is no built-in audience. Conversely, no matter how bad a superhero movie is, people will see it only because it's a (insert superhero here) movie.

Comment

It's obvious they gave it a Nolan-like reboot, but that's cool. I thought Andy Garfield (The Social Network) was miscast, but I was wrong (Damn, I should have been an extra on this!!!).
            Last edited by Madbandit; 07-22-2011, 10:20 AM.
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Amazingly boring.

Been there, done that. I'll catch it on video if the reviews are good, but who actually *wants* to see another Spider Man origin story?

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                who actually *wants* to see another Spider Man origin story?
                The millions of people who will make this a smash hit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mper1um View Post

True, and IMHO, the 2002 film is half-campy (tell me the Green Goblin didn't look like a Power Ranger villain, and I'll beat you to death with a crowbar) and half-dramatically awkward (the subtle Sept 11. references were groan-inducing).

Like the 2008 Hulk film, I'm looking for to this.
                  "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Second trailer is out!

I saw 500 DAYS OF SUMMER a few weeks ago and loved it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/new...ng-spider-man/

Comment

Of course, I'm going to go see it.

I like that they're actually going to bring back the wise-ass Spider-Man, but I'm not digging the design for the Lizard.

HH

Comment

They're staying true to the source material: http://www.toplessrobot.com/lizard-man-2450.jpg

Dr. Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssleestack!

Comment

Originally posted by 1mper1um View Post
                          millions of people watch Jersey Shore. Doesn't make it right.

Comment

other than the hotness of emma stone, the movie looks pretty bland to me. they really messed up with their choice of villains for him, the lizard does not look believable at all.

it's also never a good sign when the trailer shows the entire plot of a major movie; pretty much tells me they couldnt find enough good material to tease us with.

eh, at least they picked a cool peter parker i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
                              other than the hotness of emma stone, the movie looks pretty bland to me. they really messed up with their choice of villains for him, the lizard does not look believable at all.

it's also never a good sign when the trailer shows the entire plot of a major movie; pretty much tells me they couldnt find enough good material to tease us with.
                              My thoughts exactly. And Spiderman is my favorite superhero.

This new trailer looks like it was made by a fan, not professionals at the top of their game.

I'll stay home and watch Raimi's original, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X