Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooted insanity

They are just rebooting everything and it's getting so weird. That's all. I like some of it but I hate a lot of it. So guess how confused the writer is who is trying to write original material and told it's not special enough. We'd rather redo a show from 1973 than take on your idea. Your comedy spec is okay but let's remake the same movie again. We are in some weird loop.

Re: Rebooted insanity

Agreed!

Even when I was up for some reboot TV sh!t I was like "Cool... maybe it'll be a paycheck." That's it. I would have had to really TRY to be excited. Cue the fake smile...

I'd WAAAAAAAAAAAY rather staff on an original show. Now THAT would be awesome!

Are there those among us who'd RATHER write reboot stuff? Maybe? I just can't imagine a writer flipping out over that.
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

I want to write them all -- especially Saved By the Bell and horror remakes... i was just saying when you're on the outside with your spec they keep making less and less room for you...

Comment

I read that they're rebooting Battlestar Galactica, again, which I thought was really well done last time. This is the 3rd time, right?

There were several announcements of reboots from one of the networks, ABC, think, could be wrong--

I don't understand this "play it safe," mentality. I get they have an IP they own and they want to exploit it, but geez where's the new content?
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

For me, there's one, and only one reboot I'd seriously be 100% THRILLED to write on...

TWILIGHT ZONE

My favorite writer/creator (Serling) and TV show of all time. Seen every episode a minimum of 20 times.

But, yeah, this reboot addiction is outta control and killing all of our original content. Those of us who aren't already produced. It's as if they're literally no way in if you're unproduced. Sold something, worked with big players. Meh... no one cares.

On my first show there were 3 of us trying to make our shows. Both of their shows got picked up and went to series. I was far along on mine, I'm like "I'm next. This is kinda easy." I've learned since how utterly fukkin RARE that is.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
            For me, there's one, and only one reboot I'd seriously be 100% THRILLED to write on...

TWILIGHT ZONE

My favorite writer/creator (Serling) and TV show of all time. Seen every episode a minimum of 20 times.

But, yeah, this reboot addiction is outta control and killing all of our original content. Those of us who aren't already produced. It's as if they're literally no way in if you're unproduced. Sold something, worked with big players. Meh... no one cares.

On my first show there were 3 of us trying to make our shows. Both of their shows got picked up and went to series. I was far along on mine, I'm like "I'm next. This is kinda easy." I've learned since how utterly fukkin RARE that is.
            TZ is one of my favorites too. Probably because it's such a writer's show and ahead of it's time. It's still feels fresh today somehow. It's one of the best, if not the best, shows of all time.

It probably has the idea to every other TV show or movie in it somewhere... so many cool ideas and they weren't all evil either. Some were very sweet. All human.

I haven't seen the reboot, but I've seen the movie and other things they tried to do with it... it just never equaled the magic of one creative man Rod Serling.

https://gointothestory.blcklst.com/r...g-b9654bfd3783

And I love to do deep dives with people like him.

Comment

Yup!

For me, best show of all time. And agreed, I believe a lot of movie ideas were lifted from one of the many excellent episodes. For sure M Night jacked the idea for The Village from that one episode where the astronauts killed each other off over water thinking they were on a different planet, but had never actually left earth. I'm sure there are many other examples.

Yes, so much humanity in his stories. So much social commentary. Dude was WAY ahead of his time. I'm surprised he even got the show on the air.

Thanks for the link, I'll deep dive it when I have time.

I admit I repurposed one of my favorite lines of his in one of my scripts as a way to slip in an homage.

Ps... I used to live across the street from one of the original staff writers. Her windows were barred. Rarely ventured outside. What a wasted opportunity to talk to someone like that. I was too young to understand the significance and had no thoughts of writing at that time, I just liked the show.

Comment

I also associated that show and the great the honeymooners with New Year's Eve parties when I was younger.

Comment

This is the line btw-

"Every writer is a frustrated actor who recites his lines in the hidden auditorium of his skull.” — Rod Serling

It's so fukking *SERLING*

Mine became...

"Facts and logic rehearsed to the point of automation in the hidden auditorium of his skull. His language slenderized toward unemotional theses nearly in 1s and 0s—no poetry necessary herein."

For me, his line conjures an image of a desperate man alone, in an empty auditorium, no audience, performing for only himself because no one else cares. Yet, he can still imagine the "boos." He can feel them in the silence, and it's painful. So he resets and tries again... and again... and again to win over an audience who isn't there, and will never come. Continue that neuroses into infinity... as we slowly PULL BACK and FADE TO BLACK.

That's how his line hits me. It's fukkin RAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    I also associated that show and the great the honeymooners with New Year's Eve parties when I was younger.
                    Honeymooners was great too!

For me I associate it with the marathon. Every year (forget what day it was?). As I kid I'd sit there all day and watch the whole thing start to finish. The only time I've ever binge watched.

Comment

I'd pick one of three Brit shows from the 70s to reboot

Adult - The survivors a pandemic wipes out 99% of the worlds population It's been rebooted but was pretty horrible

teen - The tomorrow people The rise of telepathic homo superior been rebooted

Adult - Blakes 7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDd...sbaCQ8dDLNNs6k A few rebels fight against a galatic empire
                      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                        Honeymooners was great too!

For me I associate it with the marathon. Every year (forget what day it was?). As I kid I'd sit there all day and watch the whole thing start to finish. The only time I've ever binge watched.
                        In Boston suburbs I grew up with 3 Stooges and Honeymooners marathons on the Eve of New Years and then the day. I think Twilight Zone then too.

But now for sure Twilight Zone is on SyFy for 2-3 straight days...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                          In Boston suburbs I grew up with 3 Stooges and Honeymooners marathons on the Eve of New Years and then the day. I think Twilight Zone then too.

But now for sure Twilight Zone is on SyFy for 2-3 straight days...
                          Ooops... I meant I binged TZ.

Watched the crap outta Honeymooners too, just wasn't addicted.

To ramble a bit more about that line of his I dig: I imagine we cut from the dashing "actor" on stage in a in crisp black suit to the same guy in soiled clothes asleep, restless, in some rat infested alley behind some two bit bar. Empty bottle of whiskey clutched like a security blanket. Then Rod steps onto screen after flicking his cigarette ash "A desperate man wrestling his demons of what might have been. Some would call him a bum..." Etc.

Man, I wish the new show was as good as the old sh!t, it just ain't! It's missing that Serling *magic*.

POINT: Rod could say ONE FUKKING LINE and I see the whole episode. That's how fukking good the guy was.

Comment

3 Stooges was the sh!t too, love those fools!

Comment

Working...
                            X