X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Picking Right Idea

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
    You better Check yourself SC. You think you have some clout on this board always insinuating yourself into my business. Funny I don't care about what you say, to whom, about what. I don't even read any of your posts but you sure read mine and like to tell me to stop and check yourself.

I gave Jeff a few free rude comments pointed at me. I didn't respond and I kept things on topic. But a few wasn't good enough and he kept at it so now I'm giving it back and you're worried about poor little Jeffries feelings. How sweet.

I'll say exactly to his face what I've said here. Jeff is a bully and a d!ck and I'll say whatever I want. You think you need a ton of guts to call someone Fredo?????

So please SC, just stay out of it. We all know you're on Jeff's side. You don't need to put it out there.
    You're truly the king of psychological projection.

The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection-attributing one's own unacceptable urges to another. The concept emerged from Sigmund Freud's work in the 1890s.

Unconscious discomfort can lead people to attribute difficult feelings or impulses to someone else to avoid confronting them. Projection allows the difficult trait to be addressed without the individual fully recognizing it in themselves.

From:https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/projection
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I feel left out no one is attacking me. I'm fat and Jewish and have no job except stay at home dad if you're looking for material.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
        I haven't seen the Godfather in awhile, but wasn't Fredo the one who was frustrated because he was always passed over? No one let him do the job he knew he could do? But the truth was, he was passed over because he was a moron who didn't know how to do the job he wanted?

Hmm.
        Wow. We sourced the same link at the same time. Funny.

Of course I'll be accused of being in another cabal.
        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Cyfress you should run a special 20% off a read if you've had a fight with them on this board. And maybe a tastycake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
            I feel left out no one is attacking me. I'm fat and Jewish and have no job except stay at home dad if you're looking for material.
            The stay at home Dad concept sounds like a treasure trove of comedy material to me. Have you used it.

Comment

My wife has used it against me. But the issue is Mr Mom is not that unique in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                My wife has used it against me. But the issue is Mr Mom is not that unique in 2020.
                I don't know if I agree... "nothing new under the sun" and all that.

With a cool inciting incident, I think it has legs.

Comment

Yes I have ideas on that. I'm just being modest. Figured some man on here should try that. Boom!

Comment

Are you sure Jeff isn't just a huge d!ck and rude and that's why this is going on. Are you sure there's this huge Freudian reason why I'm saying the things to Jeff I'm saying?

Like I said I ignored the first attempts to be rude, but now it's just fun. Fredo is weak and easily manipulated. Jeff admitted to being weak and manipulated earlier in this thread. He's Fredo.

As for all the jokes and stereotypes about Philly, I'd say half are true. Especially in South Philly where I grew up. I mean, I knew people who talked like Rocky Balboa. But SC, just stay out of my personal stuff with Jeff. Talk about picking the right idea. Let me and Jeff handle our own baggage. Unless he's pm'ing you that he's scared and he needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                      Of course I'll be accused of being in another cabal.
                      Sloppy of us.

The best part is, I'm sure the idea that you've spent your time on DD sucking up to me is as amusing to you as it is to me. I've probably spent more time fighting with you than any other writer here.

Bono, take a shot at Hotel For Dogs. No one's picked on that lately. Maybe I'll go after you.

But SC, just stay out of my personal stuff with Jeff.
                      SC, the men are talking.

Comment

You’re being a dick too C. Or as we call it — Being from Philly. And that’s fine. But admit it. I can easily be a dick — though tiny— but I like to make jokes at my own expense and try to bring people together. That’s my style.

Comment

Are you sure Jeff isn't just a huge d!ck and rude and that's why this is going on. Are you sure there's this huge Freudian reason why I'm saying the things to Jeff I'm saying?

Like I said I ignored the first attempts to be rude, but now it's just fun. Fredo is weak and easily manipulated. Jeff admitted to being weak and manipulated earlier in this thread. He's Fredo.

As for all the jokes and stereotypes about Philly, I'd say half are true. Especially in South Philly where I grew up. I mean, I knew people who talked like Rocky Balboa. But SC, just stay out of my personal stuff with Jeff. Talk about picking the right idea. Let me and Jeff handle our own baggage. Unless he's pm'ing you that he's scared and he needs help.
                          Ha! Personal stuff? You're going at it on a public discussion board. And losing.

Fredo. Yeah.

Comment

Sloppy of us.

The best part is, I'm sure the idea that you've spent your time on DD sucking up to me is as amusing to you as it is to me. I've probably spent more time fighting with you than any other writer here.

Bono, take a shot at Hotel For Dogs. No one's picked on that lately. Maybe I'll go after you.

SC, the men are talking.
                            I'm writing something in same vein. Oh my god I didn't realize there were other dog movies. Years wasted. Thanks a lot Jeff. Why didn't you bring this to my attention earlier???

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                              Ha! Personal stuff? You're going at it on a public discussion board. And losing.

Fredo. Yeah.
                              This is public? Oh crap.

Comment

Sloppy of us.

This is true. Though, to my recollection, neither of us ever made it "you're a dick and your writing sucks" personal.

And beating this dead Fredo horse is actually comical.

Not on my watch. I personally know how much that movie meant to the now 18-year old in our guardianship after the horror show of her early years.

SC, the men are talking.
                                Where? I see one boy and a man.

Comment

Working...
                                X