X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

A question for Franklin:

A number of people have had some questions regarding how many tags to use and a thought occurred to me. Does the number of tags in any way "dilute" the tags as far as their weight in a search? In other words, if a script has 100 tags are they each weighted more lightly than one that has 20?

I ask because there has been some debate as to the merits or disadvantages of tagging everything that applies in any way to your script.

Comment

Do you need to put up a synopsis on the BL?

Comment

Does anyone know how long it takes for a reader to actually read the script? I purchased an Evaluation on February 14th. I understand it takes time for a reader to actually download it. From what I've read they usually have the evaluation finished within a day or so. A reader downloaded it on February 26 though. Thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeKaplan View Post
          Does anyone know how long it takes for a reader to actually read the script? I purchased an Evaluation on February 14th. I understand it takes time for a reader to actually download it. From what I've read they usually have the evaluation finished within a day or so. A reader downloaded it on February 26 though. Thoughts? Thanks.
          MY last two evaluations were done less than 90 minutes after the reader downloaded... I guess whoever downloaded yours was lining it up, but not ready to hit it at that moment.

But the site has been very public that they will bump your script to the front of the line and/or get you a free month of hosting if it takes longer than three weeks from upload - so just email them if you don't get it in a couple more days.

Comment

My last two reviews came in within 12 hours and 48 hours of the script download, respectively. I think the turnaround time varies by reader.

However, I agree with PP. Contact the BL if you haven't heard in 3 weeks. They say they'll give you a month of free hosting if your review takes longer than that.

Comment

Great, thanks guys!

Comment

I just noticed this today, but what a cool feature to be able to compare your script to the ones on the top lists!

Although, it's a little frustrating to see that your script is JUST missing the cutoff point to appear on the top lists.

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
                  I just noticed this today, but what a cool feature to be able to compare your script to the ones on the top lists!

Although, it's a little frustrating to see that your script is JUST missing the cutoff point to appear on the top lists.
                  And it's a lot frustrating to know your script would make the cutoff but your ratings were received too many months ago to count.

Comment

Were they within the last year? You could change the time period and you might be on a different top lists.

Comment

Were they within the last year? You could change the time period and you might be on a different top lists.
                      True, but the longer out you go, the more ratings you need and I only have two (for the year, you need four).

Comment

I was deflowered on the BL early Friday morning. I paid for one evaluation/review.

That night, I had one "Pro Download" and one "Non-Unique Download", but no "Reader Download" yet.

So I have no idea what the hell's going on lol. Not sure if that means one of the downloads were my paid evaluation or what, but it's been five days now and I haven't had a review yet. I'm sort of new to this BL thing.

Comment

Originally posted by spyder23 View Post
                          I was deflowered on the BL early Friday morning. I paid for one evaluation/review.

That night, I had one "Pro Download" and one "Non-Unique Download", but no "Reader Download" yet.

So I have no idea what the hell's going on lol. Not sure if that means one of the downloads were my paid evaluation or what, but it's been five days now and I haven't had a review yet. I'm sort of new to this BL thing.
                          1 industry pro (producer, agent, reader) has DL you script.
                          That person DL it a 2nd time (non-unique).
                          Your assigned reader hasn't DL it yet.
                          Last edited by SundownInRetreat; 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM.
                          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Thanks, I just didn't know what a Non-Unique Download was.

Comment

Originally posted by spyder23 View Post
                              Thanks, I just didn't know what a Non-Unique Download was.
                              It just means that the person (in this case the pro) who downloaded it, did so again. A lot of them don't "keep" the download but just log in and open it where they left off. I had one pro download my script four times. I thought it meant he/she liked it and was showing it around but it could just mean they never had a block of time to finish reading it.

I tried to read something into the whole non-unique download thing and Franklin advised me not to (in the kindest possible way.)

Comment

It's also a little crazy-making when you finally appear on the Top List and you still can't get any pro views or downloads. It's hard out there for a pimp...

Comment

Working...
                                X