No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Shows (Loglines)

https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-ord...rn-1202611317/

Read through some of these new shows that got pickup, does the logline make you excited to see the show?

https://deadline.com/pilot/2019-nbc-...series-orders/ (can use drop box to see all networks)

Re: New TV Shows (Loglines)

So many of these sound like shows that are already on.

The ones that sound interesting to me:

Lincoln - I read the books.

Prism - Don't think this has been done before.

Emergence - Has the feeling of a Manifest, which has been renewed.

Like Magic - Everyone loves magic. I don't remember any other TV show built around magic.

Comment

i don't think i've regularly watched a network drama since... House or Lost?

Comment

Then that would be HOUSE as it ended in 2012.

LOST May 23rd, 2010. And no I did not google that. So you can figure out my fandom from there....

Comment

i remember when i binged on all the lost episodes from netflix. there was one DVD that had a day in the life of making LOST and for the life of me i can't find it. do you recall that? they went though all the episodes and what they go through in a week from breaking one episode to rewriting the next, pre-production in one, post in another? it was insane an i wish i could watch it again.

Prism sounds good.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I watched LOST live, week to week over 6 years, so I did not experience the binge of this show. And I actually never bought the DVDs with all the extras for some reason, I guess it was because I loved my experience with the show and didn't actually want to know more than I found out myself.

So no I don't remember that as I never saw it to my knowledge unless it was a special that aired on ABC before finale? I do recall that to show degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I watched LOST live, week to week over 6 years, so I did not experience the binge of this show. And I actually never bought the DVDs with all the extras for some reason, I guess it was because I loved my experience with the show and didn't actually want to know more than I found out myself.

So no I don't remember that as I never saw it to my knowledge unless it was a special that aired on ABC before finale? I do recall that to show degree.
              no, it was actually one of the bonuses on the netflix dvd. made my dad watch all of them with me. haha.

i have a set of the DVDs i never opened, maybe i need to open them.
              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I remember the days I actually got Netflix discs sent to my home...

Comment

LOST was my last network show. Tried Hannibal. And I think Revolution. My only exposure to it now is when my parents or in-laws watch CBS procedurals at 78 volume.

Ok, fine I watch This Is Us. At gunpoint.
                  Last edited by Satriales; 05-16-2019, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Yeah Network is tougher for me for shows... because all the best ones are on HBO, AMC, FX and you name it.... and watching live is rare with netowkr

But I love love love TV. However, I find myself watching reruns of shows I love versus adding to them.

Network

The Good Place

is only one I can think of besides SNL....

I watch so much TV, but it's reality TV, ESPN, news... and then all the shows I watch are on not network...

Damn.

Very recently I would have too much to tape on my DVR... Shows like Fringe feels like 100 years ago now...

Comment

Man, I haven't watched a network series since... Revolution, maybe? That sounds about right. I don't watch basic cable networks anymore, either. I still need to watch the last seasons of The Americans and Halt & Catch Fire. I used to fight for DVR space with my wife, but now neither one of us uses it. I watch everything on my laptop except for live sports. Think it's time to cut the chord.

As for OP's question, Lincoln is only of interest because I know one of the creators. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be aware of its existence. The others sound like standard network fare (i.e. boring shows I'll never watch).

Comment

Working...
                      X