Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bad" Movies You Love

So many movies of course that I love and people hate... Howard the Duck comes to mind. Now I don't know if it stands up to my 41 year old dead inside brain but I loved it since I saw it to age 25 at least...

I'm currently watching Star Trek V. And I love it. It's far from perfect, but what I love about the original series is the relationship of the 3 main characters.
    Kirk. Spock. McCoy. And this movie is overflowing with that, some great lines and scenes in maybe a not great movie, but a movie I love.

I could list another 50. But let others jump in. And if you pick Godfather 3, you lose the game. Just kidding.

Re: "Bad" Movies You Love

I will sit and watch Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless in 1980's Flash Gordon.

Comment

I'ma go a different way and say something recent...

JOHN WICK

It's a franchise that could be easily dismantled by critics as being troperrific. Yet, it friggin WORKS for me. LOVE IT!

However, it's interesting that almost no actor could pull this off other than Keanu. It's perfect casting if I've ever seen it.

Without Keanu this film would have failed and would have been terrible. Sometimes casting is EVERYTHING!
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Gucci why not pick a Fast and Furious movie? No no no... John Wick is way popular and most people love it, hence why they made 2 more.

If I started my other thread MOVIES PEOPLE LOVE BUT YOU DON'T LOVE than you can use John Wick. I still think it's the dumbest title ever and a bad name for a tough guy. But that's me!

I'm sorry Gucci, but you're going to the penalty box. 2 minutes for picking a popular movie!

Comment

A couple more if I may...don't fully love them, but they can have gravitational pull to make me watch

Showgirls (1995) Verhoeven was just coming off of Total Recall and Basic Instinct...then there was this slow motion train wreck you have to watch again and again to make yourself a checklist of what not to do when writing/acting/directing. If you do a drinking game and take a shot for every cliché or awful line delivery...you'll only see the first 10 minutes. A career-ender for many of those involved. Don't bother to follow the plot, just sit there in awe for 90 minutes. Awe of just how the studio system let this go from script to watching dailies to a final product.

Attack of the 50 ft Cheerleader (2012) Actually quite well put together for what it is.

The Eiger Sanction (1975) Clint Eastwood works for a bloodless nut case. Not Clint's best work, but some of the scenes are well assembled.

Never Say Never (1983) Bond attempted on a budget. Don't love it, but I can watch it somehow.

Comment

Red Dawn. Independence Day. National Treasure. Karate Kid 2. The Holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
              RED DAWN! Great one. I do love that one (the original).

Comment

One that has grown on me through the years to point where I have a lot of admiration for it now...

Hudson Hawk (1991)

A live-action-cartoon, sing-along, wise-cracking, over-the-top, occasionally-bizarre ...Perhaps it was just too many things mashed together at the time.

Comment

I love to watch the lesser known comedic works of Paul Rudd. I don't see his tentpole movies, but I see the strange stuff he did with his buddies. Like IDEAL HOME (2018) w/ Steve Coogan about a bickering gay couple who end up with a kid. Also WANDERLUST (2012) , OUR IDIOT BROTHER (2011), DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS (2010), ROLE MODELS (2008) and THE CHATEAU (2001).

Of those, OUR IDIOT BROTHER is probably my favorite, after IDEAL HOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    Gucci why not pick a Fast and Furious movie? No no no... John Wick is way popular and most people love it, hence why they made 2 more.

If I started my other thread MOVIES PEOPLE LOVE BUT YOU DON'T LOVE than you can use John Wick. I still think it's the dumbest title ever and a bad name for a tough guy. But that's me!

I'm sorry Gucci, but you're going to the penalty box. 2 minutes for picking a popular movie!
                    Ha! Fair enough...

Love the franchise, tho!

Comment

I did violate my own rule by picking a sequel to a huge franchise, so F me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post

The first 4 movies are GREAT movies. These are not bad movie. They are "national treasures!"

I didn't see The Holiday.

Red Dawn -- this is even more relevant today. So good they make a reboot.

Independence Day -- so excited for this movie they moved it up to July 2nd on release date... so great in theaters... first disaster movie of current era...

NT -- Cage meets a cool thriller action movie. Amazing!!!

Karate Kid 2 -- Live or Die? HONK. Wrong! maybe best sequel of all time!!!!! I love love love this movie. Best part is how Danny L gets a new girlfriend 24 hours after landing.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                          One that has grown on me through the years to point where I have a lot of admiration for it now...

Hudson Hawk (1991)

A live-action-cartoon, sing-along, wise-cracking, over-the-top, occasionally-bizarre ...Perhaps it was just too many things mashed together at the time.
                          Haven't seen it, but listened to HDTGM podcast about it... that's what I'm looking for.

Comment

Truly the best bad movies are really obsurce. Red Letter Media guys have a whole web series about them.

And this is one of those endings... I love love these movies. During Halloween time I pray to find some of these amazing movies.

Like BIRDEMIC. It's just so much fun to watch with friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJ32JchVno (this is just amazing ending to random bad movie).

Comment

Okay, I'll answer seriously...

HOLY MOUNTAIN

What! In! The! FUKK!?

Seen it?

Simultaneously the worst and best film I've ever seen. Incredibly self indulgent. It fukkin' sucks ass (literally someone takes a sh!t on screen and they light it on fire and "smoke" it to get high) but is EPIC in its "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO!" ness by Jodorowsky.

The ending... holy sh!t... this dude was high as fukk when he wrote/directed this. AND IT FUKKIN GOT MADE!

Comment

Working...
                              X