• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin notification timeline

Woohoo, congratulations!
    Can I ask what genre your script is?

Comment

Sent four scripts this year. I've got an email saying one of my pilots is a second-rounder. Haven't heard anything yet on the other three, but I did get two other emails saying THAT SAME PILOT didn't make the second round list. So either I've heard on all three pilots and the email just got the title wrong in two of them, or I'm waiting to hear on two. No word yet on the spec episode (which I've now just remembered I didn't send them. Yay for not getting enough sleep and being fuzzy-brained!)

I forget, is it the white smoke that means one made the semifinals? Or is that when the groundhog sees its shadow?

Congrats, everyone!

ETA: I called to ask about the three emails all referencing the same project. It turns out, this glitch happened to a lot of writers today. The woman I spoke with (Mackenzie - who sounded very calm and professional despite the fact it sounded like they got more than a few calls on the topic) said they (at the phone bank) can't check which script did what, but that 'we'll know soon.' I suspect a clarifying email will be sent.
      Last edited by Willoughby; 09-02-2016, 02:21 PM. Reason: New info
      "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
        Sent four scripts this year. I've got an email saying one of my pilots is a second-rounder. Haven't heard anything yet on the other three, but I did get two other emails saying THAT SAME PILOT didn't make the second round list. So either I've heard on all three pilots and the email just got the title wrong in two of them, or I'm waiting to hear on two. No word yet on the spec episode.

I forget, is it the white smoke that means one made the semifinals? Or is that when the groundhog sees its shadow?

Congrats, everyone!
        I had a similar experience -- 4 emails referencing the same script. Emailed Austin. Will update when I hear back.

Comment

No email for me, but I did get a hard copy snail mail letter saying my animated comedy made the second round. No word on the feature comedy I entered, yet.

I'm only a few hours from Austin so the mail may be ahead of the email timing. The letter said they had 9100 entries. Damn.

Comment

Clarification email received! The one that advanced is the one I hoped would. One was new and has been updated substantially since and the other is older and, frankly, 'safer.' I'm happy that one of the two more atmospheric and character driven ones is the one that made the second round!
            "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Good to hear! I've still not received an email.... Waiting semi-patiently.

I feel for you on the phone issue. Getting robocalls is bad enough. Phantom ring and runs when you're waiting for 'that' call, has to be aggravating.

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                Clarification email received! The one that advanced is the one I hoped would. One was new and has been updated substantially since and the other is older and, frankly, 'safer.' I'm happy that one of the two more atmospheric and character driven ones is the one that made the second round!
                Congrats on advancing. Awesome news.

I also received a duplicate email this morning saying I didn't advance and a follow up clarifying that it was in fact 2 separate scripts that didn't make it.

I actually had two others that I've yet to hear about. Did your follow up give you the results of all your submissions or just the duplicate emails?

Thanks. And good luck in the next round!

Comment

Originally posted by ewbet View Post
                  I actually had two others that I've yet to hear about. Did your follow up give you the results of all your submissions or just the duplicate emails?
                  Thanks!

I only heard about those three, but I only submitted those three. I'm not in any other categories. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your two!

Comment

Originally posted by ewbet View Post
                    I submitted two. My pilot didn't make it but I'm still holding out hope for my feature.

Comment

Originally posted by cakepoplover View Post
                      I submitted two. My pilot didn't make it but I'm still holding out hope for my feature.
                      Yeah, my pilot didn't advance either.

With 9100 total entries I'm curious how many pilots there were.

Good luck with the feature.

Comment

So, I'm guessing if you haven't received a call from AFF yet, you ain't getting one.

No word yet, but second round looks like best outcome.

Comment

Don't give up hope. I know they like to speak to people in person.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
                            So, I'm guessing if you haven't received a call from AFF yet, you ain't getting one.

No word yet, but second round looks like best outcome.
                            I'm holding out hope for 2nd Round but a friend of mine who is a reader for them is STILL reading first round scripts with a deadline of Monday night so who knows?

Comment

I also have a friend reading scripts that are due Monday. It may be comedy scripts. My drama made 2nd round, and I got the email and letter.

So, in my opinion, calls could still go out Tuesday for what's left (shorts and comedy screenplays? Seems like all I've heard about are drama scripts and pilots).

Also, a question. Who writes the handwritten notes on the letters? Whoever wrote the P.S. note on the letter was very nice and said nice things about my script.

Comment

Originally posted by happywash View Post

So, in my opinion, calls could still go out Tuesday for what's left (shorts and comedy screenplays? Seems like all I've heard about are drama scripts and pilots).

Also, a question. Who writes the handwritten notes on the letters? Whoever wrote the P.S. note on the letter was very nice and said nice things about my script.
                                Congrats on advancing!

My friend is reading drama features so I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to it other than maybe the order that scripts came in.

Comment

Working...
                                X