Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• option expired

I had an 18 month option with a small production company that expired about a month ago. I haven't heard a word from the company and I was wondering if this is fairly normal.
    Thanks,
    Zoe

yeah. most people don't go for ceremonious good-byes. You (or your rep if you have one) might want to send a letter to their business affairs (or other appropriate) person stating that the option has expired and that you have all rights free and clear once again.

Preferably, this should not be a letter between you and the producer or whatever creative contact you have with company. Keep the good vibes there, if they liked you once, they may like you again.

Also, was there a renewal clause that you should maybe remind them about? or is it done?

Comment

what jimjim said, and...

why haven't you been in contact with the producers
      this entire time?

Comment

thanks

Oh I have been in touch with them, but not for the last month of the contract. And they don't have a renewal clause, which is fine with me. I haven't been super pleased with the lack of contact over the last 18 months and a few other issues I don't want to get into in a public forum. I have a rep now who is confident I can get a better deal with a "better" (for lack of a, well, better word) company. So we'll see.
        I mainly wanted to know what types of experiences others have had when their options have expired. I appeciate the replies!
        Thanks again,
        Zoe

Comment

Working...
        X