Any luck marketing yourself through a personal webpage?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marky48

That's what I thought. Another failed writer who has nothing better to do.

Comment

Re: Marky48

So it's right down to name-calling is it?

Here's what I saw at your site: gaudiness and amateur web design; a Burbank agent, gee I had one of those. A vanity press book at center stage; I have two of those. It appears some small indie films and a student film of sorts. A partner that claims to be a model.

A failed writer? Not I. I'm very much in the game. I call things as I see them. My latest book won't be found only on a website because the last two were.

I repeat my question: optioned twice to whom? And found how? By random searches; mentioned in a query?

Comment

Your web site is so professional. Another environmental nut on the loose.

www.mayork.blogspot.com

And vanity press publishers? You're leading the way with three books published by them.

Publisher: America House Book Publishers, Xlibris & iUniverse, Incorporated. Man, those are household names.

Quality writing? Yeah, right. A review from Amazon.com on your latest masterpiece.

Against a Strong Current
        by Mark A. York

ISBN: 0738844918
        Format: Paperback, 144pp
        Pub. Date: December 2000

Publisher: Xlibris Corporation

Clement Brazil, A reviewer, January 26, 2004,

This book was awful:
        From the very beginning of this book, I found myself wondering why this book was written. The editing was terrible and the writing style was virtually non-existent. This was, hands down, one of the worst books that I have ever read.

Now, go hug a tree.

Comment

Up yours you stupid a@#hole.

Comment

Amazon reviews that don't say Booklist; Publishers Weekly; Library Journal and Booklist are worthless.

Perhaps you missed my meaning: "My latest book won't be found only on a website because the last two were.

Go ahead analyze my writing amateur. Let's hear some literary criticism.

Comment

Have a good night Mr. Kerry.

Comment

Getting back to the original thread topic, ladies...

I'd have to say yes, a web presence can be most useful. Mine has led to interested pings, offers and requests. Some haven't quite worked out the way I'd want them to, others have and currently are. I'm pretty sure a couple of "queries" I received (from untraceable addresses) were DD jokers having a laugh, but most have been serious, and all have been interesting.

And, from a personal viewpoint, having everything collected together in one place helps me enormously! No matter where I am I can access my own stuff.

-Derek
                hometown.aol.co.uk/dpater...cripts.htm

Comment

If you think comparing me, to the next president is somehow disparaging, well that's fine by me.

Comment

DP:

Thanks for a coherent response to this thread. You raise a very interesting by-product of the web about having everything all together. I too believe that the internet can be a viable supplement to other marketing avenues.

Better living through writing, John

Comment

It's something that is there, but a sale or an inguiry from a listing on a homepage is extremely rare. Like online only books, this represents a minute part of the market.

Comment

Working...
                      X