Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No contract signed but producer posted my screenplay on IMDB

You're not wrong at all. I was just trying to spin it positive.

Comment

Re: No contract signed but already posting my screenplay/credits on IMDB

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      I hear both sides... what I wonder if how real do you think this producer is? I've had real producers get mad at me for lesser ****. Everyone is super sensitive in Hollywood (what did you say about me????).

So I'm saying maybe he's not scum and he thought he was doing something good... or he's an amateur who won't do **** for your movie...

I still don't see the harm in a credit on IMDB.

I care 100% more about what the producer and director have done. Are they series about making a movie?

I'm saying, it feels that even the 100% legit deals in Hollywood are sketchy. It's like every interaction you have in Hollywood is a drug deal.
      Here's the harm in a credit on IMDb when it's not real. You send the script to a different producer because you don't have a written deal. He, as a matter of form, looks you up on IMDb and sees the script already seemingly tied up with someone else. No amount of explaining by you is going to make him comfortable after that. How do I know this? Happened to me a couple of years ago when a producer did the same thing to me. Get a real deal or take it down.

Comment

Re: No contract signed but producer posted my screenplay on IMDB

Facts from someone that's been there. I learned something. Thanks.

Comment

Re: No contract signed but producer/agent

Originally posted by ga8080 View Post
          ...said that he will need to conference in the director to talk about it since he's involved.
          As Sir Ben said, "No, no, no, no, no, no!" - he doesn't need to speak to anyone and neither do you. Stop asking for his approval for him to do something - it is your project, you must actively take it down yourself and right now. The only permission or approval required is your own. Why are you even querying someone who has literally made no movies?

Comment

Re: No contract signed but already posting my screenplay/credits on IMDB

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
            Here's the harm in a credit on IMDb when it's not real. You send the script to a different producer because you don't have a written deal. He, as a matter of form, looks you up on IMDb and sees the script already seemingly tied up with someone else. No amount of explaining by you is going to make him comfortable after that. How do I know this? Happened to me a couple of years ago when a producer did the same thing to me. Get a real deal or take it down.
            THIS!
            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Re: No contract signed but producer/agent

Originally posted by Northbank View Post
              As Sir Ben said, "No, no, no, no, no, no!" - he doesn't need to speak to anyone and neither do you. Stop asking for his approval for him to do something - it is your project, you must actively take it down yourself and right now. The only permission or approval required is your own. Why are you even querying someone who has literally made no movies?
              And THIS!

I was thinking this dude had already MADE sh!t. Fukk that, dude is just trying to pad his IMDb to make it appear like he's a real producer. I don't believe real producers (especially big ones) care to list stuff unless it's huge sh!t. Couple years ago I was developing with a Rudin-type, it was never listed, not even after a year of development (agreed, dumb, I fell for the A-list dangling carrot). Developed a project with a Matrix producer as well, never listed. etc.

Speaking only for me: I've never had anyone list the project. And these were people who'd already done hit movies/TV shows.

I agree with the others, pull it down. You don't want entanglement, that'll scare off real producers. They'll be like "How do we get this idiot off the project? Meh... PASS! Seems like too much work."
              Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Working...
              X