Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Ramis dead at 69

Absolutely LOVED this guy. He starred in two of my favorite comedies of all time: Stripes, and Ghostbusters. Huge loss --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR9HuRUUTbs
    Last edited by grumpywriter; 02-24-2014, 10:37 AM.

Re: Harold Ramis dead at 69

Totally bummed about this. 69 is a long life but still a young age to go.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...173530161.html

RIP.

Comment

Whenever someone younger than my mother dies, it reminds me how little time I have left with her and whenever a celebrity I admire, whose work has touched my life in a positive and meaningful way dies I think of all the other icons that are of the same generation and are going to die soon too and so today - I am really fricking depressed.

Comment

God f*****g damn it.

Comment

RIP to a comedy powerhouse. They say he was exactly the same person before his successes, during, and after. I so easily believe that. He knew his lane and was couch-comfortable in it, letting Murray, Chase et al light up the screen.
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Harold Ramis has one of my favorite comedy moments of all time in Ghostbusters. Egon has no sense of humor. He takes everything seriously while everyone around him gets to be goofy, except for the one single joke. Do, Ray, Egon.

And as he says "Egon" he gets this look on his face that says "Eh? Right? Look how clever I am you guys." It's adorable.

He co-wrote the script and only wrote himself that one joke.
            Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
              God f*****g damn it.

You said it. I wouldn't have the inkling to go to college if it weren't for "Animal House". RIP
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                Harold Ramis has one of my favorite comedy moments of all time in Ghostbusters. Egon has no sense of humor. He takes everything seriously while everyone around him gets to be goofy, except for the one single joke. Do, Ray, Egon.

And as he says "Egon" he gets this look on his face that says "Eh? Right? Look how clever I am you guys." It's adorable.

He co-wrote the script and only wrote himself that one joke.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyktkVGUBM

Comment

What a shame. I loved Harold Ramis.

Comment

I will miss him. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Dazzler
                      Legend.
                      100%

Comment

My first experience on a film set was because of Harold Ramis. I dropped a letter off at his hotel in Flagstaff, AZ when they were filming Nat Lamp's Vacation.

He called me the next day and invited to be on the set for the time they were in town. He and Matty Simmons taught me set etiquette between takes and chatted about writing/making "Animal House". Thank you, Harold.

Doug

Comment

Polar vortices, now this. I could use a vodka martini with a Zoloft garnish.

Legacy, most definitely.

"I've always been kind of a pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it." I don't know what kind of soldier I'm gonna make, but I want you guys to know that if we ever get into really heavy combat... I'll be right behind you guys. Every step of the way."
                          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

One of my favorite directors. Too bad he didn't get more time to make more movies. Seemed like a really nice person too. Read some of his interviews online. Funny & a real mensch.

(The stuff RE: his friendship with Bill Murray is a little heartbreaking.)

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

He was my favorite character in Ghostbusters, besides the Hotel ghost. Pretty amazing filmmaker and screenwriter as well. RIP. Ghostbusters, which I watched three times when expecting my first child, and then countless times after, because she LOVED that movie, is a Classic.

There is no way I could still enjoy watching it, if it wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X