Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking agent to produce an animated feature film

Can anyone recommend me a producer/agency that specializes in pitching animated films? Either 2D or CGI would suffice. Thanks!

Re: Seeking agent to produce an animated feature film

Would they be able to secure a deal relating to traditional 2D animated films? That particular format is my primary aim. However Im not adverse to CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnCramer
      For 2D - Maybe you can approach Renegade Animation.
      I will certainly explore these options. Thanks for the prompt assistance!

Comment

Re: seeking agent to produce an animated feature film

AnimagicStudios in New Jersey

If you have funding, they can put together an awesome 3D film.
        Notice the emphasis on the words "If you have funding". Refering to privately raised capital already in place.

Most agents wont touch an animated script as most animations are done in house or are privately funded. Nobody sells animated scripts. So if you are seeking an agent- I might suggest you try a different script.

But maybe I misread that.
        http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Re: seeking agent to produce an animated feature film

AnimagicStudios in New Jersey

If you have funding, they can put together an awesome 3D film.
          If you have funding, I can put together an awesome 3D film.

Comment

lucid is correct. Animation is an insider's game. Those dudes wouldn't urinate in your mouth if you were dying of thirst in the Mojave Desert.

Your best bet is to convert your story into a live-action script, then seek representation.

Comment

Hope you don't mind steering this conversation on a tangent, but is there a specific reason why 2D animated films are grossed over in Hollywood? I've heard the old "it's too expensive" excuse, but I suspect that animators over the last few years have become lazy. Its quaint apparent judging that modern cartoon shows are using Flash animation while big budget studios are so dependable on CGI. Now granted, there's a few diamonds in the rough i.e. PIXAR films, but really, todays animation is hallow and devoid of anything genuine. When comparing animated films from Don Bluth, nothing in this decade has really stood out. A subjective statement, but I believe CGI is synthetic and removes the soul that makes a cartoon character. Not only that, it's saturated in the entertainment industry where no variety is acknowledged. It's bewildering me why most pros I converse with are infatuated with 3D.

Considering that an impending new decade is approaching, isn't it time to usher in something fresh and groundbreaking? Perhaps the 2nd coming of animation renaissance that occurred in the early 90s? Incidently, Disney is gradually getting back into the 2D game with "Princess and the Frog" which looks aethetically amazing! I guess what it boils down to is does anyone care about quality anymore?

Comment

Working...
              X