Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passengers

The sci-fi one about the guy who wakes up 100 years too early.

Anyone read this one? I really enjoyed it, although there were some logic issues. Be interesting to see if it gets made...

Re: Passengers

Love it.

Comment

This is the kind of script that will sell, get an agent, manager and establish a career in one blow. Incredible writing.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutepower View Post
        This is the kind of script that will sell, get an agent, manager and establish a career in one blow. Incredible writing.
        Agreed. Hope it does all of that...

Comment

Actually, it was on the 2007 Black List and, to my knowledge, hasn't sold. Got him assignments, for sure, but didn't sell.

Comment

I believe that it sold to Keanu Reeves' company. Reeves was to star, but found the material far too dark and opted out. Spaihts then left for what eventually became Prometheus.

Comment

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.co.uk/2...assengers.html
              Last edited by Chief; 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutepower View Post
                I believe that it sold to Keanu Reeves' company. Reeves was to star, but found the material far too dark and opted out. Spaihts then left for what eventually became Prometheus.
                I'm actually kind of happy about that because I don't think Keanu is the best choice for the role. John Reilly would be perfect, IMO.

Comment

Pretty sure Keanu Reeves hired Spaihts to write Passengers from his own idea. But it was never set up at a studio. Not sure if he wrote it on spec for Keanu or not...

Comment

Whatever the case, it put him on the map and really catapulted him into the big leagues. At least, big enough to where he had a massive film produced a few years after entering the industry.

Comment

Darkest Hour was crap though, no lie.

I thought that the pre-Prometheus script got him jobs? You know, the one he originally wrote?

Comment

Shadow 19 is what put him on the map and jumpstarted his career. It got him the assignment for Keanu and the Alien prequel job.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                          Darkest Hour was crap though, no lie.

I thought that the pre-Prometheus script got him jobs? You know, the one he originally wrote?
                          You gave it a worth the read:

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/201...kest-hour.html

Comment

I'm not Carson Reeves, this is getting ridiculous now.

Spaihts, for those who don't know, wrote the Avatar-sounding space thriller, "Shadow 19- back in 2006, which won the admiration of Keanu Reeves. Reeves (no relation) then hired Spaihts to pen "Passengers,- his weird idea about a guy who wakes up early on a 100 year space journey. The script wowed Hollywood and finished Top 3 on the 2007 Black List. Suddenly Spaihts was a big name and interviewing for all the big sci-fi assignments. That's when he landed this job, rewriting "The Darkest Hour- for controversial director Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted). That in turn landed him a writing assignment for Disney's "Children of Mars,- and of course, the biggest deal of his career so far, the Alien reimagining for Ridley Scott.
                            So Keanu made him write a script and then said 'I'm not interested'?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                              I'm not Carson Reeves, this is getting ridiculous now.

So Keanu made him write a script and then said 'I'm not interested'?
                              And then he played air guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X