No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Franklin Leonard

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
    There's some of them in everything I write. (And my wife, who has put up with me for thirty-seven years.)

In fact my oldest daughter will probably be a whole lot better writer than I am. I remember when she was about eight or nine, she told me a war story wasn't about war it was about people in a war.

I read a lot of amateur scripts at the time (not saying mine were pro), but it was amazing how many twenty-year-olds couldn't understand that simple fact.
    Smart kiddo.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
      I'm still blown away by the logistics of raising 8 kids. Kudos to you and your wife.
      I have three and want to jump off a cliff.

Seriously, eight is unfathomable.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post

Ha!

My thought was "How in the HELL do you find time to write??????"
        Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post

Yeah eight in today's world is crazy. Although if I did have the money, I would think about it lol. My dad has 9 brothers and sisters. My cousin's grandma and grandpa had 10 daughters, no sons. Things were different in the old world though. Shower with a bucket of water once a week?

Comment

I can't wade through all this. But I did notice that last few pages of this thread turned into a discussion about meeting with a manager, so I moved those "off this topic" posts to here: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=84944
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vango View Post
              Yeah eight in today's world is crazy. Although if I did have the money, I would think about it lol. My dad has 9 brothers and sisters. My cousin's grandma and grandpa had 10 daughters, no sons. Things were different in the old world though. Shower with a bucket of water once a week?
              Eight ain't hay, but it ain't gonna get you in any record book. Not compared to previous generations.

I always thought my Grandparents on my Father's side had a lot of kids, with ten (one lost in childhood, but it was the Dirty Thirties so I suppose that was par for the course). Then I did some research and took a look at all my Grandfather's siblings. SEVENTEEN. Don't know how many of them survived for how long, but there it is. And all of 'em had their own names, too. After a certain point I would have just given 'em numbers.

I think the trick is to get them to take care of each other, particularly if there's an elder sister or sisters. Then you put the family on automatic pilot and do what pleases you. Write, even.

Don't know what this has to do with Franklin Leonard. Or BlackList. Interesting tangent, nevertheless...

Comment

Eight kids. Huh.

Amateur!

Really, though, kudos to you. We found if you can handle four, you pretty much can handle anything above and beyond ..

Comment

Working...
                X