• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Identity Thief

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
    Lance Armstrong.
    Hey, he still has one nut.

I've loved Poehler since she was Andy Richter's little sister on Conan.

Yikes! IDENTITY THIEF only has 27% on RT... and I spot read some of the reviews and they think it is not funny at all. IDENTITY with John Cusack got 62%.

- Bill
    Free Script Tips:
    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
      Yikes! IDENTITY THIEF only has 27% on RT... and I spot read some of the reviews and they think it is not funny at all. IDENTITY with John Cusack got 62%.

- Bill
      You are looking at Citic scores - of course the viewer score will be much higher (often is for these movies). I bet it awesome. Good cast, Mr. Mazin knows his stuff, I'm excited!

Why the 'Identity' score, just because same word? I think it deserves higher.
      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it, despite it not being my typical type of film. I think the world of Craig Mazin for all he does to support up and coming writers like us.

I'll agree that I think Melissa is over-rated, personally, as I also do with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

That aside, looking forward to the film this weekend.

Comment

Going to see it this weekend. The critics may not have been fans but there's a lot of movies that appeal to me that critics didn't get.

76% of the audience liked it on Rotten Tomatoes.

Interested to see what the CinemaScore will be.

Comment

Originally posted by madworld View Post
            The critics may not have been fans but there's a lot of movies that appeal to me that critics didn't get. 76% of the audience liked it on Rotten Tomatoes.
            Could the BL have gotten it wrong? Maybe the industry as a whole? (of course spoken with all due respect; but stick with me here).

Forget the paid readers; too much like critics. How about a service that hires the public to read and rate scripts (he says only half joking). We laugh at asking what grandma thinks of our scripts, but grandma is probably part of the 76%.

Sorry to divert this post. Anyone want to start the 'Butt in the Multiplex Seat' List?
            Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

Originally posted by tucsonray View Post
              Maybe the BL got it wrong... along with the industry as a whole (of course spoken with all due respect; but stick with me here). Forget the paid readers; too much like critics. How about a service that hires the public to read and rate scripts (he says only half joking). We laugh at asking what grandma thinks of our scripts, but grandma is probably part of the 76%.

Sorry to divert this post. Anyone want to start the 'Butt in the Multiplex Seat' List?
              Goddam man, what does this mean lol?

Comment

Originally posted by madworld View Post
                Goddam man, what does this mean lol?
                I think it means you tapped into something big!

... something real!

...something ground breaking!!

Are the readers buying tickets in numbers equal to the masses? Are critics? Who is more in touch with the masses than... the masses????

Time to stand up and be part of the 76%

... oops, gotta run; time for my medication.
                Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                  Melissa McCarthy is the most overrated, unfunny female star working in Hollywood today. Her presence in this movie guarantees I will never watch this. Which is sad, because the concept is great & I would love to support Craig, and I think the world of Jason Bateman.

But I literally cringe when I'm in theaters and see M.M. on screen in previews for this and THE HEAT and audiences are howling with laughter.

Hateful rant aside, hope it cleans up at the box office and Mazin gets some nice big, fat residual checks in the mail!
                  But let me guess, you loved Chris Farley?

Anyway, as for Identity Thief, I hear it's awful and the trailer showed the best parts. Seems that while it had perfect leads, the script greatly let it down. Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by tucsonray View Post
                    ... oops, gotta run; time for my medication.
                    Take two.

Comment

The trailer had me loling. I will try to convince my s.o. to see it.

Comment

Is it me or are titles getting less creative? Like "A Haunted House." Really? That's the best you can do? I'll bet this was known for a long time as "Untitled Identity Thief Project."
                        "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

I really like the stars and the premise, so the rest is all on Craig.

Yeah, the critic's reviews have been harsh. But Rex Reed really needs to be put out to pasture already. What an irrelevant a-hole.

I think it will do well at the B.O., though. We should all go see it, as a thank you to Craig, and as a learning experience.

P.S. I looovvveee Amy Poehler!
                          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
                            But let me guess, you loved Chris Farley?

Anyway, as for Identity Thief, I hear it's awful and the trailer showed the best parts. Seems that while it had perfect leads, the script greatly let it down. Typical.
                            Oh, you heard that? From your friends who can't have seen the movie yet?

I'm sorry, but Craig puts in a lot of time helping here. This kind of malicious cvntiness depresses me.

Comment

I'm going to wait to read the script first, since Craig's going to post it, then see how it translates on screen. Should be a great learning experience.

Comment

The trailer is hilarious and Jason Bateman is a favorite ever since Arrested Development. Can't wait for the new season of that show and really looking forward to this movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X