Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

I'm working on the rewrite/polish on the two weeks/two weeks.

We can just stay here. I'm sure cmmora won't mind.

This script is a whole new experience for me, as I have never worked on such a short time period for my story world (three days) so I find that I have filled in a lot of mundane details and shoe leather scenes.

I think this rewrite may be a bitch! Thanks for your idea of offering each other support. I might need it!

I set a countdown clock and it reads 12 days and 9 hours left for the rewrite.

And I think this needs more rewrite than polish.

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by KarenShoe View Post
      We can just stay here. I'm sure cmmora won't mind.
      Staying here works. Great job everyone and good luck for the ones who are continuing to rewrite/polish their scripts.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

According to the countdown clock I set for the rewrite part of this month, we have only:

Four days, ten hours, one minute left!

I think I will spend another week on rewrite and leave just a week for polish.

I've got about 65 pages done on this pass, and 30 yet to write, so I've picked up a few pages.

Anyone else still working on this?

Anyone care to share rewrite/polish advice or technique?

I go through a sequence at a time, fifteen pages or so. I cut the sequence out of the screenplay and create a blank document for the sequence I'm working on.

I go through it over and over, try to straighten it out, tune it, make sure it fits.

Then I past it into a clean document labeled "revised".

Then I go on to the next sequence. When I'm done, the original document is blank and the revised is the latest draft.

Then comes the "polish" - which is the step I never seem to actually finish.

Comment

My exercise is still going into Sept.

May make it to Oct,

Thanks Carlos for putting this together.
          The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Karen,

I'm glad to read that you are continuing the quest. And Zen... however long it takes, it takes.

I am also continuing. I will complete this sucker even if it kills me.

Good luck to all and above all, just keep writing.
            Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

I think I'm on page 25. I think. But I swear on my mother's grave and my father's goiter, I'm gonna finish the fvcker in the next couple of months.

Comment

I am having a great run of late. I directed my first feature, from a script that I wrote, and on a budget that someone else paid for. We are in post-production with edited footage coming in all the time.

I have also just sold a spec feature to an small Indie company. I am in the middle of working with the director on the rewrites that he wants so he will be able to film this sucker. It looks like filming will take place this year.
                Nice job on all of the above, Man!
                The only thing I accomplished this month was attending my first-born Sons' Wedding and getting a Pap Smear.

How DO you do it???
                *DRUM ROLL*
                si

Comment

Wrote Fade Out last night.

90 pages. First draft, done, like the Cubs/and or White Sox in September.

Doing passes here and there. Will submit for the BenderSpink contest.

Thanks again for the kick in the ass, folks.
                  #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Good for you for sticking with it, Ire.

I stopped - too busy - in August, but picked it up again in the second week of September. I'm at page 46 now.

Looks like it'll end up under 80 pages, so if I have a few more good days I might finish before the end of the month. Or I might not, am not too bothered about that. More bothered about actually sticking with it, because this is the stage where the doubts threaten to take over.

"It sucks!"
                    "Up til now was easy, but now comes the tough/boring/under-outlined part!"
                    "It'll come out too thin, that probably means the whole structure is no good!"
                    "It's too expensive anyway, it'll never get produced, why bother!?"
                    "It sucks monkey balls!"

I'll just have to keep bouncing back on that "All true, but finish it anyway" argument.

Comment

• Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Originally posted by Flubugg View Post
                      Good for you for sticking with it, Ire.

I stopped - too busy - in August, but picked it up again in the second week of September. I'm at page 46 now.

Looks like it'll end up under 80 pages, so if I have a few more good days I might finish before the end of the month. Or I might not, am not too bothered about that. More bothered about actually sticking with it, because this is the stage where the doubts threaten to take over.

"It sucks!"
                      "Up til now was easy, but now comes the tough/boring/under-outlined part!"
                      "It'll come out too thin, that probably means the whole structure is no good!"
                      "It's too expensive anyway, it'll never get produced, why bother!?"
                      "It sucks monkey balls!"

I'll just have to keep bouncing back on that "All true, but finish it anyway" argument.
                      Yes, stick through it. Finish it, then get the feedback.
                      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Well, I made it to FADE OUT, but it's only 61 pages, so there are obviously some issues with it.

Knew in advance there would be; the outline was rather underdeveloped. I don't regret writing it anyway though. It turned into a bit of a vomit draft, which I should do more often.

Some scenes work nicely, the whole script not so much. Going to let it simmer for a while and will probably start fresh with an entirely new take on the concept.

Comment

Good job Flu and Ire (and anyone else I missed). I'm glad you guys kept going.

I'm halfway through the polish, but I never really finished the "rewrite" - so the last act is a mess. And we only have three days, nineteen hours and 15 minutes left in September.

I already told the writing group I'm posting on Oct 1 so...

I am keeping the pressure on and barreling on to the last minute.

Karen

Comment

If anyone wants to trade reads, I'd be up for it. PM me.

Comment

Great work everyone.

I am still wrapping up my first directing gig. We are in edit and it is going slooow. I got stuck at 80 pages with the new script. Hopefully I can finished it up by years end.

Keep up the good work and have a polished script out of the excercise. You will feel great and have a new script to send around town.

cmmora

Comment

Working...
                              X