For Those Who've Never Worked In The Biz....

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Who've Never Worked In The Biz....

... and are curious, what a studio exec or a producer may be like (especially behind closed doors)????

If you want an excellent example of this type of "creature," take a look at Bravo's "Blow Out," a reality show about a Bplus level hair stylist in Beverly Hills named Jonathan Antin. I'm serious! This show cracks me up, but more importantly, it's an excellent example of a needy, insecure, bark is worse than bite, typical Hollywood-industry type.

Now, the other example would be the "monster" -- who not only barks, bites but chews -- but this is really only 10% of the people in the biz (many of which are really, really powerful - who, most of us, will most likely never hang out with on a continual basis, lucky us!).

Really good "research", guys!

P.S. I worked in the biz for a decade as an Exec Asst for some of the biggest producers, studio execs, heads of company's, even an actress (when I started out), so I know what I'm talking about!

Re: For Those Who've Never Worked In The Biz....

And now you're @ Bravo plugging the show? If that was your only experience after a decade in the biz, I'm sorry...

Comment

Leave Jonathan alone. My kids and I adore him!
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Hey, he's all about GREAT HAIR!

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26
          Hey, he's all about GREAT HAIR!
          Landis, you made me laugh out loud. Haha.

Comment

Hey Poison Ivy (or should I say "bitter ivy")... you sorta missed the point here, I was just suggesting that the character traits in this guy are very similiar to Hollywood types I've worked with through the years and no, I don't work at Bravo or have anything to do with the show (it's just good cheesy fun!). I'm actually, gasp, a working writer (after years and years of paying my dues, thank you very much). But I do find it odd that you would put down someone who worked at Bravo... isn't that what we're all trying to do, work in the biz? But I'm sure someone like you, who reads this site, is busy running Sony Pictures on their spare time. Lucky you!

Comment

Originally posted by 25 O'Clock
              But I'm sure someone like you, who reads this site, is busy running Sony Pictures on their spare time. Lucky you!
              Wow, dude, that's cold. Good luck with the writing though...

Comment

"Dude, that's cold." Hey, you were the one dissing on my legitimate work experience! I don't know what your experience is, but you just have to be careful and not come off as so cocky. Again, there are worse things than to work at Bravo.

Comment

Again, there are worse things than to work at Bravo.
                  No, not really, especially if you write for them... sigh. I know.

Comment

Oh, come on...group hug.
                    RIP Lew Gastoni.

Comment

Bravo leo
                      http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Funny (group hug) -- I don't even get Ivy's last slam (was it a slam?)... how could you write for Bravo, there's no original programming!

Anyway, my original point sorta got lost... but oh, well. I guess I'll save my "L'Aventura"/ "Surreal Life" comparison for another time then --

Comment

Funny (group hug) -- I don't even get Ivy's last slam (was it a slam?)... how could you write for Bravo, there's no original programming!
                          First of all, that's not true. They just don't produce it in-house. Second, unscripted doesn't mean not written. It just means you don't ever see any benefits or residuals.

Comment

Thanks, Ivy, for the information -- you seem to know A LOT about Bravo. Working there, perhaps?

Cheers!

Comment

Best thread ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X