AVATAR--I have the sneaking suspicion....

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AVATAR--I have the sneaking suspicion....

Hey, I love my toilet cleaning job. Back off, sweetheart.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

These boards can only stay healthy if they accommodate diversity.

But you don't like it. You want everyone around you to think like you..

People should be able to express themselves without being called an idiot or be stalked for it.

If you hate someone on the internet then do YOURSELF a favor, and don't read their posts. But don't bully them into feeling this is not a safe place.

Comment

Originally posted by maralyn View Post
        People should be able to express themselves without being called an idiot or be stalked for it.
        If you hate someone on the internet then do YOURSELF a favor, and don't read their posts. But don't bully them into feeling this is not a safe place.
        You should take some of your own advice.

I love it how you always like to portray yourself as a victim. When the truth is, you're one of the biggest trolls on this board.

Vmf and I often like to volley insults at each other. He's a troll and I'm a fanboy. No biggie.

I don't hate anyone on the internet. Not even you.
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I have to back Terrance up on this one, maralyn. Seriously. From the first day I saw a post of yours I thought you were a troll. That was over a year ago, and I have yet to find a reason to think any differently.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Seriously. Terrance is a standup guy. Quit instigating people. srsly.
            For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
            Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
              Not to be a d!ck, but unless London is getting special treatment we in the U.S. weren't afforded, it wasn't 70mm. It had to have been digital, especially if it was in 3D....
              It was projected from 2 reels of 70mm IMAX film. The movie wasn't shot in IMAX, but like most of the big IMAX screens it still uses film projection. Newer IMAX screens are digital, but I'm not sure if they're the big guns as apparently smaller IMAX digital screens have been nicknamed LieMAX because they're about the same size as a normal screen and not 8 storeys high like they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                Not to be a d!ck, but unless London is getting special treatment we in the U.S. weren't afforded, it wasn't 70mm. It had to have been digital, especially if it was in 3D....
                Not sure, just saw at the end of the credits they said 70mm print provided by... something or rather, so who knows, but in any case, it looked mighty impressive. It's a real headache for me to get to an IMAX so I might try checking it out closer to home in real3D or Dolby3D, but I've got doubts as to how good that will be in comparison to IMAX.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackDown View Post
                  It was projected from 2 reels of 70mm IMAX film. The movie wasn't shot in IMAX, but like most of the big IMAX screens it still uses film projection. Newer IMAX screens are digital, but I'm not sure if they're the big guns as apparently smaller IMAX digital screens have been nicknamed LieMAX because they're about the same size as a normal screen and not 8 storeys high like they should be.
                  Having seen it in quite a large LieMax and traditional 8 storey variety, the differences were minimal, but it did appear a bit better on the 8 storey IMAX, I mean it was really crystal clear, especially in slow moving scenes the immerse effect was startling at times.

It's a shame, Avatar is a rare beast today in that you can only really experience it in full glory at the cinemas, blu ray ain't going to even come close.

BTW Avatar big in China apparently.
                  http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Interesting quote:

Some of the most remarkable comments came from one of China's most gifted rising stars, Lu Chuan, director of "City of Life and Death," who said it was more than just a technological shortfall.
                  "Technology can be acquired. "Avatar" made me realize how far our movies are from simple perfection, from crystal-clear purity, from passionate dreams. How far from genuine sincerity are we who are embroiled in grim entanglements and dim vulgarity! We ought to ashamed in the face of the purity of "Avatar." This is a complete defeat that we Chinese filmmakers must collectively witness and concede," said Lu.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackDown View Post
                    Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

here's a hint for DD:

put vmf on ignore. you'll enjoy the forums a lot more.

with love,

qaz

Comment

There are people who don't have vmf on ignore?

Loved Avatar. Thought it was beautiful to look at and really enjoyed the storytelling. Yes, to a certain extent it was generic and something we've seen before, but in the execution I found it moving and effective.
                        "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

I find it hilarious that my comments so disturb the fanboy contingent of DD>

Comment

hey, quit it. Everybody quit it.

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
                              I find it hilarious that my comments so disturb the fanboy contingent of DD>
                              Amuse is probably a more accurate word.

Taunts aside -- I'm still genuinely interested on your thoughts about Avatar though. As someone who hates fanboys, comics and genre films, I'm curious as to what you thought of the film.

It's amazing how some films (The Dark Knight, Juno, etc) can polarize audiences so much.
                              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

don't hate

Comment

Working...
                                X