Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Originally posted by lacomedienne View Post
    Ended. On page 90.
    Congrats!

Comment

Ended. On page 90. Phew. Needs substantial revisions, obviously, but all first drafts do. Kind of shocked that I finished, but I did start a bit before the 1st. August has been a very busy month for me, what with one of my projects getting some traction and me developing jaw pain and trouble completely out of the blue (I can barely chew!). Glad that I was able to participate and see it through until the end.

I think I'm going to print the whole thing out and read it as though I were reading a script for the first time (i.e. someone else's script I was reading). I don't often do that, but I've wanted to make something of this idea for a very long time, so I want to do it right.

Thanks for organizing, cmmora. And everyone else: keep going! You can do it!
      Awesome. Congrats on a job well done.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

69 pages in, the clock is ticking...

Comment

Ended. On page 90. Phew.

Thanks for organizing, cmmora. And everyone else: keep going! You can do it!
          Congrats, lacomedienne. And I second all the thanks to cmmora and everyone else that played a part in this.

By the way, mine's done and at 91 pages. And I'm sure it's mostly due to having this artificial deadline.
          On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Thanks All.

And Congrats Mr. Earth. Great job.

I'm at 68 pages. Tic Tok.
            Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

79 pages in, happy ending is close

Comment

Well, I'm at seventy five pages and I need to get moving! Luckily, I came up with the missing piece this morning, so, I can do it.

Only 3 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes left! And I'm going to be sleeping a lot of that.

Karen

PS: Good work "la" and Mr Earth

Comment

Started working on revisions today. Lots of work ahead of me! The first act is minor, but I'm halfway through the second act, and the edits are piling up. Is is what I mean when I say that I love editing. I thoroughly enjoy sitting down with a pen and paper and figuring out where the script goes wrong. I'm halfway through, page-wise, and I have four pages of notes.

Comment

Just ended, 91 pages. It was great experience, thanks a lot, cmmora, for encouraging us all. For me, it was not only the speed, also, I started to evaluate my work almost objectively. Now I can see its weaknesses. Entire script isn't good, because outline wasn't well developed and structure sucks. But there are also some awesome pieces I really proud and enjoy. Also, I gave myself a freedom to write everything I wanted, and it was one of my best decisions. I realized some important things about me and in what direction I should move to succeed as a screenwriter.

So, thanks again, cmmora and other participants. It was funny! Good luck!

Comment

Great for the folks that have finished and to the ones who are close. I am falling a little behind, but I still have a few hours to sprint.

I am glad that this journey has freed some to just write and worry about the rewrite when the rewrite demands it.

For me I see this whole journey... as a journey.

For me, when I first start one of these (this is three times for me now) I pretend that I just got a phone call from Spielberg or Lucas and they say that I have ten weeks to come up with a kick ass script. One that will change my life.

So I give myself 2 weeks for the outline, 4 weeks for my internal first draft, 2 weeks for a rewrite and 2 weeks for a polish. Since I already had an outline, then I have given myself 8 weeks. 4 weeks is almost over, then after this I have for weeks to have a draft that I would not be ashamed to show my Coppola.

Bill Martell says it best -- and I'm paraphrasing -- Don't strive to have your rough draft by the due date... by the due date your script should be ready to go.

Good luck to the rest, like myself, who are reaching this first end line. And to the rest who have already reached the end line... well, the new end line has been established, get cracking on the rewrite if it needs it.

Just 1.5 days to go...

Comment

Finally, I'm done.

I've been struggling to get to that 90 page mark and when I hit the last page, wrote the last line, I still had only 89 pages.

So I remembered "Fade out. The end"

And that was it! 90 pages done. So what if page 90 is mainly white space.

I'm heading right into the next phase, like you described, two weeks for rewrite, two weeks for polish.

Keep the pressure on.

Like you said, it's practice for if and when you get lucky enough to be faced with: "Sounds great, you have ten weeks."

So, I was going to celebrate, but I've suddenly got another deadline!

Karen

Comment

Congrats Karen.

And everyone who got their first draft completed.

I topped out at 81 pages. I am happy with it at this stage. I will of course continue until I have a viable script to send out to the world.

Of course it is not a requirement of this exercise to continue refining your script, but I hope everyone does so.

This has been a great time for me, forcing me to sit and write. I will have to put the pause button on this script for a little bit so I can address making comments on my feature movie's latest edit. After that, I will un-pause this script.

So great month folks... Until next time.

Comment

Congrats!

I was at page 43 when it was time for everyone to put their pencils down.

Now at 50 as of tonight.

Thanks for the boost, folks! I needed it with this one.
                            #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

For those who plan on using the next month for a rewrite/polish (as I do), do you want to start a new thread or maybe even keep using this one? The moral support is always nice!

Comment

For those who plan on using the next month for a rewrite/polish (as I do), do you want to start a new thread or maybe even keep using this one? The moral support is always nice!
                                I'm working with another script (actually, outline) now, but I totally support those of you who decided to rewrite an actual script! I will watch your progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X