Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gravity (Teaser)

Just like Oblivion, the original logline for this film I read on IMDB 2 years ago was wildly different. And by wildly different, I mean on a different plane of reality!

Does anyone else remmeber it? Cause it was so bloody amazing, so unique, inducing so many wonderful, imaginative possibilties, that I'm thinkin' maybe it was just me hallucinating, and I can now promply use it to launch my career. To this day, I've never read a logline which captivated me so much.

PS. This version is dreck compared to its original hook.
    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

hope the 'pay homage' to Dark Star
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
        Just like Oblivion, the original logline for this film I read on IMDB 2 years ago was wildly different. And by wildly different, I mean on a different plane of reality!

Does anyone else remmeber it? Cause it was so bloody amazing, so unique, inducing so many wonderful, imaginative possibilties, that I'm thinkin' maybe it was just me hallucinating, and I can now promply use it to launch my career. To this day, I've never read a logline which captivated me so much.

PS. This version is dreck compared to its original hook.
        Does this sound right?

LOGLINE:The lone survivor of a space mission to repair the Hubble telescope desperately tries to return to Earth and reunite with her daughter.
        "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
          Does this sound right?

LOGLINE:The lone survivor of a space mission to repair the Hubble telescope desperately tries to return to Earth and reunite with her daughter.
          No, it was something like "An astronaut desperately tries to reunite with his daughter as -- epic apocalyptic hook beyond comprehension -- begins to occur.
          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
            hope the 'pay homage' to Dark Star
            Bomb...?

Comment

This looks good.

And, at this point, I don't think it matters what the logline is/was.

Comment

Looks rather good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pcg7bXgmU

Comment

Looks VERY good.

Here's the new "official trailer." Wow. Opening weekend in 3D it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTiKOy59o4

Comment

Good lord, I am so looking forward to this film.

Comment

Oh, yeah.

I think this is the first movie this year that I really want to see.

Comment

Ms. Bullock seems to do a lot of "eh! eh!!!" etc. lines (not that I blame her character, given what is happening to her). But, that would be my only quibble about the trailer. Her "soundtrack" just seemed a bit repetitive - they needed to give her more options, vocally.

Comment

Big fan of CHILDREN OF MEN. But admit that it looked like OPEN WATER in space. However after reading what James Cameron had to say about the movie after a screening and seeing the latest trailer, I'm pretty pumped:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/jam...ilm-ever-done/

Comment

Dizzying yet amazing visuals. (Caught myself holding my breath during certain scenes)

Tight story, not some 2-3 hour borefest.

A good time at the movies!

Comment

Agreed on everything -- I held my breath several times.

There's about 10 or 15 minutes of this 1.5 hour film I want to see twenty more times.

Comment

Finally saw it (3-D, at the movies), and I was knocked out -- but more by the overall experience, especially the cinematography and music, than by the white-knuckle storyline, which is what propelled my reading of whichever draft of GRAVITY I ended up reading (a couple of years ago).

Sandra Bullock was excellent -- very convincing in a role that didn't exactly seem tailor-made for her. George Clooney didn't look like he broke a sweat for the duration of his appearance (eg, he was George Clooney).

Four or five netflix stars? Well, if I only gave five for movies like Akira Kurosawa or Ingmar Bergman used to make, then four, but considering what the studio and indie competition has been like lately -- very definitely five.

Comment

Working...
                                X