Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tracking Board Launch Pad Screenwriting Contest

I didn't follow up after that, so not sure what they did about it...

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
      Wow, that's definitely nuts -- I always figured these "celebrity judging panels" never actually read the finalists in any of the contests (either had an assistant do it or just randomly picked them), but I'm surprised a big tracking board (this is one of the main ones, right?) could get away with listing someone big who is not really involved - assuming it's true. Which judge was it, if you care to divulge...
      I can't speak for Tracking Board but I'm pretty sure Tracking B judges do because of this story:

Back in 2009 I was a finalist and signed with a manager. Skip to three years later and I'm sitting in the office of other managers because I left my previous one and they asked me how I got my start. So I mentioned placing in Tracking B, getting a manager, getting an agent etc. And one of the managers who has been on the panel since the first year said, "Wait what was the script about?" I told him and he said, "I remember reading that."

Weird moment since that script is dead and buried in a drawer somewhere but kind of cool that he remembered.

You never know about people though.
      Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
        Even worse... I asked one of their judges listed if they were excited about the contest, and they didn't even know they were a judge! Never even agreed to it, and the name is right on there... Makes you wonder...
        thats a shame, is there anyone from Tracking Board that can talk or explain this? I mean how long ago was this? Maybe things have changed but I have been interested in entering future contest from them but this does leave some worries.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks to many of you emailing us over at TB about this forum post. To propose the idea that we would ever list, or even promote any judge without their prior knowledge, agreement, or approval to our contest is absolutely false.

All of our judges are people we know personally, professionally, and/or work with at TB.

The post suggesting any of our judges was unaware of the contest is incorrect. We would never publicize someones involvement in anything we did without their approval.

One of our judges (Michael Sugar) unfortunately needed to bow out when one of his studio films went into production, but he was immediately replaced by Jake Wagner @ Benderspink.

I hope this email answers any current questions in this thread. We're very excited about our top 25 semifinalists.

If there are any additional questions regarding the contest, we are happy to answer them.

TB

Comment

TrackingBoard, do you know how many entrants there were?

Comment

Hi Bill. We will not be releasing the number of entrants to the public, per our contest policy.

Comment

aight

Comment

Congrats to all the finalists and semi-finalists!

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-20...-10-finalists/

Comment

I have a question for Tracking Board - Who are the principals involved with Dark Factory? There was an extra charge to submit to be judged by them and yet, at the time of the announcement "Dark Factory" had no digital footprint at all on the web. Even the script they were attached to had previously been announced as being optioned by your parent company, Romark Films.

Comment

TB is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter Script Reader View Post
                        I have a question for Tracking Board - Who are the principals involved with Dark Factory? There was an extra charge to submit to be judged by them and yet, at the time of the announcement "Dark Factory" had no digital footprint at all on the web. Even the script they were attached to had previously been announced as being optioned by your parent company, Romark Films.
                        And another question too -- what do your judges agree to do?

Comment

One of the top ten finalists sold his script already!!! I'm so entering next time.

Comment

I am a fan of TB...got my first coverage from them.

Kinda went with my gut with these guys, and now they are my goto for ISOs and spec scripts.

Will probably enter trackingb in September with the script that TB covered.

Cash prizes are awesome, but I would trade them in a heartbeat for the right connection.

Markerstone
                            "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

One of the top 25 posted on another forum that 10 people have been signed so far, including the two already announced on Tracking Board's site - one with the sale to Ridley Scott/Fox.

Comment

And that's from Tracking Board, not TrackingB?

how confusing....
                                www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                                http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Working...
                                X