Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen Trailer!

its been put up on apple today, and it looks amazing.

check it out:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/wa...tlr1_h720p.mov
    Script List

Re: Watchmen Trailer!

Some of the CGI looks real but some of the other scenes look obviously staged, like every scene in 300.

Snyder seems to focus more on the visuals than the acting and the story, so I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a disappointing piece of eye candy.

Comment

I loved it.

Here's a low res version - http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/...tely-stunning/
      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Words can't explain how excited I am about this. I think true watchmen fans from way back will testify, we've been waiting a loooong time for this one. I remember buying this 12-book series when I was young and it just blew me away, opening a whole new world to me. I was a comic-book geek and something always rubbed me the wrong way about the superhero world, but I bought the standards by the armfull anyway. Then, when this hit I was like, wow, finally a book I completely understand. It changed all my comic buying habits and opened me up to dark dramatic writing, and to this day it influences my screenwriting. I think it's a geek thing but I almost cried watching that trailer, it's a huge moment for me

Comment

Originally posted by alveraz View Post
          Words can't explain how excited I am about this. I think true watchmen fans from way back will testify, we've been waiting a loooong time for this one. I remember buying this 12-book series when I was young and it just blew me away, opening a whole new world to me. I was a comic-book geek and something always rubbed me the wrong way about the superhero world, but I bought the standards by the armfull anyway. Then, when this hit I was like, wow, finally a book I completely understand. It changed all my comic buying habits and opened me up to dark dramatic writing, and to this day it influences my screenwriting. I think it's a geek thing but I almost cried watching that trailer, it's a huge moment for me
          I'll second that. I remember reading it in a library (of all places), when I was around 14. Couldn't really understand any of it, due to the adult themes and intricate storylines, but I knew whatever it was, it was not your typical superhero fare, and it was very cool.

I forgot all about it until I rediscovered comics in my mid twenties. I've read it about six times since.

Timeless classic.

It's a pity Alan Moore won't even get to see the movie. Apparently he's never watched a single one of his comic-to-film adaptations. He refuses to. Hates Hollywood with a passion.

I think Zack will do him proud though. He's one hellova director.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I envy Moore, not having seen League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But I think when this one is the huge success critically and financially that it's inevitably going to be, he'll come around.
            The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

I don't think he'll ever come around. He's not going to see a dime from this movie. He's had his name removed from everything since LoEG came out and the lawsuit that followed. The Watchmen will be credited solely to Dave Gibbons, just like V for Vendetta was credited to only David Lloyd.

Comment

That's depressing.
                The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

This will suck.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock View Post
                    This will suck.
                    In what way?
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                      In what way?

He's just being a troll, TM. Pay no attention to him. From the look of it, this film should have been out by November of this year (possible oscar contender). God bless Zack Snyder and the cast and crew.

The thing that really surprised me was that Paramount Pictures is a co-distributor, and they didn't want to deal with it at first because of the estimated budget.
                      Last edited by Madbandit; 07-19-2008, 07:01 AM.
                      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by alveraz View Post

Yeah, Watchmen is a big influence of my writing. It just screams literate beauty without a pause (see? )
                        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                          He's just being a troll, TM. Pay no attention to him. From the look of it, this film should have out by November of this year (possible oscar contender). God bless Zack Snyder and the cast and crew.

The thing that really surprised me was that Paramount Pictures is a co-distributor, and they didn't want to deal with it at first because of the estimated budget.
                          I love the negative train of thought that frequents this board...

You post a trailer link -
                          Someone says "it sucks" -
                          You dare to ask why they think that -
                          You get no response, but you're labelled a "fanboy" -
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

this looks pretty to watch visually but from the trailer seems like it's a snoozefest with a bunch of crap happening to keep you from falling asleep.....some of the powers remind me of x-men...

then again....when it gets closer to the release they'll probably have a better trailer that sums up what the purpose of the story is....i've never heard of the watchmen so i have no idea whats going on in the film.

the only thing that has me interested is that zack is directing and i loved 300.....even though the story was weak. nonetheless i've watched it several times just for the effects and visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Franky Knuckles View Post
                              this looks pretty to watch visually but from the trailer seems like it's a snoozefest with a bunch of crap happening to keep you from falling asleep.....some of the powers remind me of x-men...

then again....when it gets closer to the release they'll probably have a better trailer that sums up what the purpose of the story is....i've never heard of the watchmen so i have no idea whats going on in the film.

the only thing that has me interested is that zack is directing and i loved 300.....even though the story was weak. nonetheless i've watched it several times just for the effects and visuals.

Exactly. I knew what was going on because I read the graphic novel more than once (might have to do it again). There'll be another with "The Spirit" comes out in Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                              X