• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Development Services

thanks, Comic I appreciate that.

Comment

Your word must carry weight around here, Comic. As soon as you opened your mouth I had a few people sign up today.

And I'm heading for the border with the money before Trump builds that wall!!! Gotcha suckas!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
        Your word must carry weight around here, Comic. As soon as you opened your mouth I had a few people sign up today.

And I'm heading for the border with the money before Trump builds that wall!!! Gotcha suckas!
        Uh, okay, so that right there...that's a dilemma.

Comment

Your word must carry weight around here, Comic.
          I have been on the board at least back to 2001. I have learned a lot here. I have tried to answer a great many questions about format and about writing technique specific to screenplays. I based my answers on what I have read, what I have deduced from watching films, and what common sense tells me.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

And you look a lot like a young William Shakespear!

Comment

For those that have signed up recently, I appreciate your trust and I won't let you down. Some have asked a little about the process and what it's like. It starts with me reading your script and analyzing what you are trying to pull off, is it a viable story, are you going about it efficiently, and does it have a concrete through line. I write up all my thoughts in a coverage like document. From there you read my assessment, and then we pow-wow by email about your script. We build character. We create events on the timeline. We talk about theme, and issues that your script should touch on. As we build our email string we will pull info from it and build a new tentative outline for the script that we will then discuss and fill in the gaps on. Once the outline is concrete, YOU will write the script, and I will be there to read it again when done to give it another assessment.

In other words, you are getting a lot for the money. I'm already 15 hours into someone's project, we are in the email pow-wow phase, set we still have work to do.

Comment

UNCONSOLIDATED TESTIMONIAL: I happen to be friends with CrissCross. He let me read his last script some time ago - then he let me read the notes he got from Cyfress. Gotta say, FWIW, I was REALLY impressed. I wrote CC and said the same. Great notes. He put his finger on the problems I couldn't articulate. I encouraged CC to follow every one of Cyfress's suggestions. It would improve the script 100%. I've paid for notes in the past and these were some of the smartest I've seen. I know you've got no reason to believe me but - I am a real person. Not an actor. I've never met or interacted with Cyfress in any way. I was just really impressed with his notes and felt obliged to say so. Good luck to all!
                Last edited by gridlock'd; 02-17-2017, 06:32 PM.
                "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Grid, appreciate that. Thank you.

Comment

Now I just need to finish my screenplay so I can get it over to Cyfress for coverage.
                    You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

It doesn't have to be complete. I can help with that. Coverage is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a development protocol that I put writers through that forces them to think about their scripts in a way they have not before.
                      Last edited by Cyfress; 02-21-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I almost rather have the writer be in the concept, idea or outlining phase of the process. Scripts fail because the work that precedes the writing wasn't substantial enough.

Anyone who brings a concept to me and we put it through my development process before writing an outline then a treatment, and you think it is no better or worse than when you brought it to me, you get your money back. If I even take you through the beginning stages of the development process and you say it's not for you, you'll gladly get your money back.

Comment

I wanted to report back. Cyf does what he claims, provides well informed development notes and is happy to go back and forth. Incredible value for the price, esp if you are after after notes as opposed to typical coverage.

Comment

I'm looking to take on one writer pro bono from now till April 30th. In that time, I will read your script in a day or two and write up an analysis, then you and I will go back and forth as we dig into plot and character and build structure.

The one caveat is, I wanna do all the back and forth and post my analysis on the Story Development forum so young writers can follow and see what story development looks like. We'll hit on character, plot, structure, expectation, turns, etc.

If you are up for it, PM me a log or a paragraph about your script.

Comment

I have an open schedule from now till Sept. if anyone is looking for some development help with a quick turnaround, pm me.

Comment

I ultimately have read lots of material that was previously covered by other services advertised here are on DD. When someone alerts me of this, I always ask to see what others have offered as advice once my review is complete.

If what I have to offer your story is inferior in your opinion to what you've already received by someone else here on DD. There will be no charge for what I give to you. That's how confident I am that I can improve your story in a way others cannot.

Comment

Working...
                                X