Narcos - Season 1 (Best New Series on TV)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narcos - Season 1 (Best New Series on TV)

Who's checking out Narcos? It's incredible. They are pulling no punches with the violence and are presenting the Pablo Escobar as the ruthless man he was .But they also do shed a different light on him as a family man, and proud citizen of his country.

Pedro Pascal is killing it. Everyone should check this out.

Re: Narcos - Season 1 (Best New Series on TV)

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
    Who's checking out Narcos? It's incredible. They are pulling no punches with the violence and are presenting the Pablo Escobar as the ruthless man he was .But they also do shed a different light on him as a family man, and proud citizen of his country.

Pedro Pascal is killing it. Everyone should check this out.
    Looking forward to it...gonna check out Episode 1 tonight! A buddy of mine worked on this and said it was killer.

Comment

It's all right, not great. Too much voice-over. It's all pretty much a narrative told by the main guy looking back. There's no urgency and hence no suspense at all. At least up to episode four, which is where I stand at the moment.

I agree that Pedro Pascal may be the most interesting thing the series has to offer so far. Steve Murphy, the DEA agent played by Boyd Holbrook and who I understand is supposed to be the show's protagonist, is plain boring so far!

I'll keep watching, but about halfway through it's nothing to get excited about.
      Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

The first episode is too heavy on voice over. Great series though once it gets going.
        "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Green and white looks to be the new orange and black!
          Fiction writers are demigods among men...

Comment

Just finished episode 5. I wasn't super impressed with the first one or two, but it keeps getting better with each episode. Colonel Carrillo is a ****ing boss.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              Just finished episode 5. I wasn't super impressed with the first one or two, but it keeps getting better with each episode. Colonel Carrillo is a ****ing boss.
              You'll like Episodes 6 through 10, essentially the downfall of Pablo. I thought they were much better than the first five, mainly because the stakes are well established for the main character and they eased up on the voiceover.

Overall, the first season was good but not perfect. I never felt in sync with the two DEA agents.

~Dixon

Comment

I think the acting is pretty amazing. I'm sure the pudgy little guy playing Escobar never expected to be doing so many sex scenes. He really sells that he believes every screwed up, heinous thing he says.

It took me a minute to place the second cop as Oberyn from Game Of Thrones- also really good.

Comment

Working...
                X