Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Oaks

New Amazon Studios, coming of age comedy set in the 80's. Anyone else watch it?

Re: Red Oaks

I saw the pilot when it first streamed last year and enjoyed it. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything set in the 80s, and it didn't hurt that Steven Soderbergh is behind it. Will have to check out more episodes.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

I like this. On episode 4. I'm also a sucker for the 80's.

Comment

It's all fun and games until a serialized comedy, rooted in the plausible, decides to pull a Freaky Friday in episode seven. If I believed in emoticons i would place a confused and angry one here. For me it was a non-sensical departure from the basic structure of an otherwise solid show.

Still watching because I enjoy the basic characters the team has created. Nicely done.

And I think Paul Reiser is an unheralded comedic genius. Between FX's Married and this...chapeau Mr. Reiser.

Comment

To me, the show is Caddyshack only with real moments and characters. I love it. It's a comedy but I feel like it has more to offer with its sneaky little sincere moments, reminding me of The Wonder Years.

And of course Paul Reiser is masterful. I loved him from Mad About You but here he's not playing a likable character; he's a prickly elite ******* but somehow you know he has some angle on all this that will make sense one day.

Comment

Working...
          X