No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intruders by James V Simpson

From Deadline:

Paramount has landed Intruders, a script by Armored screenwriter James V. Simpson that is best described as an alien home invasion thriller. The concept is inspired by Close Encounters of the Third Kind and the "Kelly-Hopkinsville encounter,- in which a Kentucky family claimed to have survived an all-night alien home-invasion attempt.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/alien-ho...rg-1202354114/

FYI- James V Simpson was one of the O.G. Done Dealers way back in the day (Deus Ex Machine). It's been a LONG time since Armored came out, and it's really great to see persistence get rewarded with a deal like this.

Re: Intruders by James V Simpson

Hear, hear!

Comment

Might have been before my time. Either that or my old brain is getting leaky. But it's good see anyway.

Congratulations, Mr. Simpson!
      (Break a pencil lead.)
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

I have wondered what ever happened to Deus after Armored, which I never saw or read. I think it appeared on cable briefly a few years ago, but the subject matter was just not the kind of thing that I enjoy, no matter how great the writing.

Yes, I remember Deus well. For those who did not know him, I will offer a few comments. He was an extraordinarily knowledgeable theoretician of dramatic art and of film. He posted here a lot, and his posts were in-depth. He tended to be dry and a bit stuffy-sounding, but these were acceptable qualities in view of his goal, which I took to be a desire to present theory fully and reliably.

I would like to read Intruders. Unlike Armored, this new screenplay deals with a subject that I enjoy. I am familiar with the Hopkinsville incident. Intruders could be a really good film if you like that kind of thing.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I remember him well and wish him much success with his new film.

Comment

He's both knowledgeable and very generous in helping newbies. It's good to see him enjoy continued success.

Comment

It has been five months since the news about Intruders was announced.

Anybody know anything about the status of the film? In rewrites, development, shooting, or what?

This is one that I would really like to see get made.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

A cursory search bore no fruit. IMDB doesn't show it at all (but might not, either). Could it be in development hell?
                “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Look harder: https://pro.imdb.com/title/tt8211284...mo_projindev_6

Comment

You have to be a member of the paid version of imdb to access the information.

I am not a member, and I would assume that most of us are not.

Comment

Not sure about imdb pro's legal stance, so I'll just say I checked through my imdbpro account and INTRUDERS has some very heavy attachments from the DC Universe production side. Not shooting in the immediate future, though, based on the status.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                        ... Not shooting in the immediate future, though, based on the status.
                        Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it has stalled out. I have to wonder, now, whether it will ever get made.

Comment

Working...
                        X