Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #31
Hernan Giaggio
User

Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
i wonder if we could start a private group for writers to review black list scripts? it'd be fun to discuss. not to trash writers, just to talk about the craft, you know?

I'd join.
Hernan Giaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #32
Bono

I think best of and favorites are the same thing. I really do. I don't want to fight about it by any means, but I don't see the difference other than semantics.

I was just telling someone else off board, but I know the Tyler story very well... it wasn't trackingb -- scriptshadow was the reason it blew up... he sent it in for notes and scriptshadow loved it and promoted it... industry people came a calling...
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #33
Friday

It's interesting how you never know where your break will come from. There were 4 other finalists with Mickey Fisher and he's the one that became a mogul. Evan Daugherty went through many false starts.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #34
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
I think best of and favorites are the same thing. I really do. I don't want to fight about it by any means, but I don't see the difference other than semantics.

I was just telling someone else off board, but I know the Tyler story very well... it wasn't trackingb -- scriptshadow was the reason it blew up... he sent it in for notes and scriptshadow loved it and promoted it... industry people came a calling...
geez, i could've sworn he used it to win another contest. humpf.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #35
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
It's interesting how you never know where your break will come from. There were 4 other finalists with Mickey Fisher and he's the one that became a mogul. Evan Daugherty went through many false starts.
Dude... I've had hella false starts.

You know what will absolutely fukk with your head?

1) First script you write gets you repped at a big4 agency.

2) Second script you write has a huge producer calling you from on set of his current (100 mil) film to offer you a job.

3) First TV show you ever write sells. And the showrunners you dreamed of attaching fukkin DO!

Now you think "Sheeeeet man, I know what the fukk I'm doing, bruh!" No you fukkin don't! Especially early on, don't fall for your own hype. You will LIKELY crash at some point (i.e. "Crap Out" on something) and have to reevaluate your entire writing prowess.
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:30 PM   #36
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Dude... I've had hella false starts.

You know what will absolutely fukk with your head?

1) First script you write gets you repped at a big4 agency.

2) Second script you write has a huge producer calling you from on set of his current (100 mil) film to offer you a job.

3) First TV show you ever write sells. And the showrunners you dreamed of attaching fukkin DO!

Now you think "Sheeeeet man, I know what the fukk I'm doing, bruh!" No you fukkin don't! Especially early on, don't fall for your own hype. You will LIKELY crash at some point (i.e. "Crap Out" on something) and have to reevaluate your entire writing prowess.

I picture you sipping a tallboy by the pool after the above 3 somehow. So....anyone find happiness? I think many go in thinking they'll be like Dan Fogelman.....pretty much get hot after the first thing they write and then are pretty much in demand after that. I am guessing that's not the reality for many.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #37
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
I picture you sipping a tallboy by the pool after the above 3 somehow. So....anyone find happiness? I think many go in thinking they'll be like Dan Fogelman.....pretty much get hot after the first thing they write and then are pretty much in demand after that. I am guessing that's not the reality for many.
Yup... only, sub tequila. ;-)

I was like "Bruh, here the fukk I am... MADE IT!" LOL

VOICE OC: "Bro, no you have not! Chill bruh! You ain't sh!t yet... WATCH!"

Yeah, almost no one's journey is smooth. Most have plenty of false starts. Especially in this current climate. Gotta keep the ego in check.

Hustle! But keep the ego in check. Because it could all end tomorrow with one bad draft.
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #38
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Yup... only, sub tequila. ;-)

I was like "Bruh, here the fukk I am... MADE IT!" LOL

VOICE OC: "Bro, no you have not! Chill bruh! You ain't sh!t yet... WATCH!"

Yeah, almost no one's journey is smooth. Most have plenty of false starts. Especially in this current climate. Gotta keep the ego in check.

Hustle! But keep the ego in check. Because it could all end tomorrow with one bad draft.

So you're saying they're not going to put you on a golden throne and back up the brinks truck to pipe money directly into your newly bought Malibu home? You're going to need a team to keep my ego in check then.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:14 AM   #39
docgonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
I'd join.
I'd join, too, if only because I was on it and want to see what you guys think. lol.
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #40
figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post

Just a few days ago, another writer got signed from appearing on scriptshadow with a AOW script (he signed with Good Fear) And before that, a writer got a greenlit movie deal for a horror that appeared there (that script didn't even get a great review from scriptshadow).

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

I think people want others to do the vetting for them and scriptshadow is an easy place to look, rather than requesting material through queries.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote