Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #41
GucciGhostXXX
Member
 
GucciGhostXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
So you're saying they're not going to put you on a golden throne and back up the brinks truck to pipe money directly into your newly bought Malibu home? You're going to need a team to keep my ego in check then.
You never know... maybe you’re the Golden Child. *wink*
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #42
GucciGhostXXX
Member
 
GucciGhostXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
I'd join, too, if only because I was on it and want to see what you guys think. lol.
This is funny to me. Why wouldn’t we share each other’s scripts and actually get something out of it? I’d be interested in that. Reading TBL scripts kinda means nothing to our careers. Just say’n. Lol
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #43
finalact4
Member
 
finalact4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment View Post
Just a few days ago, another writer got signed from appearing on scriptshadow with a AOW script (he signed with Good Fear) And before that, a writer got a greenlit movie deal for a horror that appeared there (that script didn't even get a great review from scriptshadow).

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

I think people want others to do the vetting for them and scriptshadow is an easy place to look, rather than requesting material through queries.
concept seems pretty cool. i can see why he likes this spec. he does contradict himself a bit with, nothing seems to happen in the first 40 pages and if it was a "read the first 10," he wouldn't have continued to read. but that can be fixed since it sounds like after that the writer kicks the reader's ass pretty good with unexpected turns.

i completely forgot about Scriptshadow.
__________________
TIP OF THE DAY: when you attend a big film festival, make sure you have a pitch ready-- you never know when you'll find yourself sitting across from Shane Black and he asks, "what're you working on?"
finalact4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #44
finalact4
Member
 
finalact4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
This is funny to me. Why wouldn’t we share each other’s scripts and actually get something out of it? I’d be interested in that. Reading TBL scripts kinda means nothing to our careers. Just say’n. Lol
the suggestion wasn't about advancing anyone's careers but rather to read well liked scripts in the industry to see what's out there and discuss what works and what doesn't work among other like minded people.

i read scripts. i enjoy them as much as films. reading scripts that are ready to produce is an asset at coming to understand when a spec is ready. imo, reading scripts at this level keeps your writing instincts sharp.

you can share your scripts to get feedback. it doesn't have to be one or the other, you can do both, one or none.

i remember pierce brosnan's partner telling me (in a group years ago) that she reads the annual black list scripts over christmas break. it's nice to be able to evaluate a spec and identify WHAT makes it special. there's a reason they're on the list. i still remember scripts like SOMACELL and PINCUSHION (awesome spec) and GARDEN AT THE END OF THE WORLD (another awesome script).

and if you ever need a read, let me know. i'm game.
__________________
TIP OF THE DAY: when you attend a big film festival, make sure you have a pitch ready-- you never know when you'll find yourself sitting across from Shane Black and he asks, "what're you working on?"

Last edited by finalact4 : 08-18-2019 at 02:01 PM.
finalact4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:59 AM   #45
GucciGhostXXX
Member
 
GucciGhostXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
the suggestion wasn't about advancing anyone's careers but rather to read well liked scripts in the industry to see what's out there and discuss what works and what doesn't work among other like minded people.

i read scripts. i enjoy them as much as films. reading scripts that are ready to produce is an asset at coming to understand when a spec is ready. imo, reading scripts at this level keeps your writing instincts sharp.

you can share your scripts to get feedback. it doesn't have to be one or the other, you can do both, one or none.

i remember pierce brosnan's partner telling me (in a group years ago) that she reads the annual black list scripts over christmas break. it's nice to be able to evaluate a spec and identify WHAT makes it special. there's a reason they're on the list. i still remember scripts like SOMACELL and PINCUSHION (awesome spec) and GARDEN AT THE END OF THE WORLD (another awesome script).

and if you ever need a read, let me know. i'm game.

I hear you, I just don't have that kinda time. Wish I did!

So... I'd rather try to help "us" move forward. Via notes etc.
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #46
Bono
Member
 
Bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,998
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Gucci -- maybe this is a PM - but I can't keep up with what genre you write or maybe you write many different ones...

I'm a comedy a$$hole myself for anyone wondering about me. But why would you be wondering when you see how funny I am and how humble I am?
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:39 AM   #47
Friday
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 526
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Gucci -- maybe this is a PM - but I can't keep up with what genre you write or maybe you write many different ones...

I'm a comedy a$$hole myself for anyone wondering about me. But why would you be wondering when you see how funny I am and how humble I am?

Well, if I saw you at a party, I'd sit by you. Because I know hilarity will ensue.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #48
Bono
Member
 
Bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,998
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

It can go either way. Fun or all out depression!

You should see what most stand up comedians look like off stage. Most of them are dead inside.

Also if you say me at a party -- that's not me -- because I hate parties!
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #49
Friday
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 526
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Oh come on. Who doesn't love some Bono at parties? I know I do.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #50
GucciGhostXXX
Member
 
GucciGhostXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Nah... we'd all have a good time. I'd pour drinks down your throat until that happened. **** would get cray. That, or don't invite me! LOL

As to what I write, there's actually a method to my madness...

I'd sum it up by: DARK AND FUKKED UP. Always.

I started with a dark family drama. That got me signed. 4 weeks later I had a thing like HELL OR HIGH WATER/SICARIO.

I've written a show about a mad scientist chef (sold it). Basically Nip/Tuck meets Californication set in a ultra-high end avant garde restaurant. Dark. Lead is an *******.

I've written a political TV show (what would it look like to build a new country for real).

I've written a huge sci-fi feature (Matrix meets John Wick. Hella action. HUGE set pieces.)

What else?

My latest show is autobiographical dark drama? Smallish, intimate. Racial.

Oh, before that I wrote a horror (feature). Think 4Chan serial killer.

It looks like I'm all over the place on paper, but there is actually a through-line to all my sh!t. Every one of them has the theme of "GLAM vs GRIT" and how those two worlds collide in our lives. Just in different settings/genres. My entire life has been that way. So, I'm essentially "writing what I know."
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker