I got rejected from Nicholl - blah haha!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got rejected from Nicholl - blah haha!

At least I get the satisfaction of being first to announce it here!

Re: I got rejected from Nicholl - blah haha!

That sucks. Don't want to sound selfish here, but I guess the thing for me to do is stay away from the mailbox. No mail would mean I'm still alive?
    Charlie Brown

Comment

My commiserations, Cat. Where are you located (West Coast. East Coast?), so I'll have an idea when mine will arrive?

Comment

Sorry about that. Damn, that's always a bummer to read, I know.

God, now i don't even want to go to the mailbox the rest of the week.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sorry Bigcat,

I know the feeling. I got bombed by Bluecat, so I know I'll get bombed by Nicholl.

Great expectations, then a slap of reality. But don't give up. Learn from it. Study...Think...Figure out what you are doing wrong...Then start over.

That's what I might do.

Bob

Comment

One down, 5878 to go...

Comment

Got dinged too. 300 advance to the quarters. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Where are you? I live in SoCal and didn't get a letter. I'm not going to let that fool me, though. I'm always the last to hear the bad news...

Suz

Comment

Bigcat and Toakel, when did you submit? I'm guessing those who entered early would be first in line to hear back (if they didn't advance).

Comment

Maybe if Greg Beal's on line he can answer some of these questions:

1. Is it typical that passes go out in advance of the good news?
                      2. Or is everything sent out at once?

I second the geographical question. Where are you guys from?

Comment

A quick question to Bigcat and Toakel... were your scripts better than mine?

Comment

Greg is probably at some jello-shot gin joint slamming a few down in anticipation of having to answer a whole lot of questions (the same one's he so patiently answers year in and year out)

From past years of my not making the Quarter's experiences:

A few letters get sent out that Nicholl thinks may take a little longer to arrive by ultra-snail mail.

Next - in batches or all at once depending on the size of USPS rucksack go the best condolence letters ever written. God, it feels great to be a loser.

The idea being that everyone gets notice within a few days of each other.

Then the also rans, next 100, almost but not quite's, next 5%, next 10% and assorted other personal notes form Greg - which btw/imho is, Hall of Fame classy. I got one of those personal notes - felt pretty good.

These are followed by the Quarterfinalists - quarters and Greg's personal notes usually start arriving about the same time.

So the next few days to a week will tell the tale.

I have just applied an extra heavy double coat of nail biting retardent.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Comment

I got my letters today (two in one envelope). I'm in LA and entered one script on the early deadline and the other on the late deadline.

One of the scripts made the top 30 last year but not even the quarters this year. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by MWer
                              I got my letters today (two in one envelope). I'm in LA and entered one script on the early deadline and the other on the late deadline.

One of the scripts made the top 30 last year but not even the quarters this year. Oh well...
                              This just proves that any contest is only as good as its weakest readers (or it proves that not all readers are created equal.) Obviously, you have a good script, if it went as high as Top 30 last year. So it must be that this year's readers just didn't have it on the ball regarding your screenplay.

But I do understand that this (a script advancing one year, then not advancing the next) happens a lot, so you are far from being alone in this. That's no consolation, of course, but it does happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X