Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of the Colossus

One of my favorite games EVER is being made into a movie. I'm only happy about this because it will force them to make a sequel to the original game. How you turn this epic and inventive game into a movie is beyond me and I don't think it can be done.

It's like what Terrance Mallick would do if he directed a video game. And they're definitely not allowing a video game movie to be directed like that. Anyway, here's the article.

http://digg.com/d1oBsM
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: Shadow of the Colossus

I predict the movie wil suck. I don't see how they could make it into a good movie.

Also, if you've never checked it out, you might want to look into ICO, as it is slightly related. They're also working on a ps3 game, but I haven't heard if it's related to the other two.

Comment

It was a great game, visionary. We have yet to see a really great video game adaption to film but you never know.
      http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
        One of my favorite games EVER is being made into a movie.
        Ditto. I loved this game. I was able to snag the soundtrack by Kow Otani which was hands down phenomenal - I hope they use it for the movie.

Comment

I think Guillermo del Toro would love to helm this. He mentioned a while back that he considered the game a masterpiece.

http://kotaku.com/5042252/two-gaming...f-the-colossus

Though he sure has lots of projects lined up with the Hobbit 1 & 2, At the Mountains of Madness, etc.

Comment

It is a masterpiece. And he might be the one guy I would trust the property with.
            Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I for one am just happy to see that games (the good ones) have now been elevated to an art form. Some might argue, but I'd say that if the general definition of art is that which moves us, then SOTC certainly qualifies.

It's also a pleasant surprise to see that so many DD'ers have seen SOTC in action for themselves.

Comment

Amazing game, with one of the most devastating endings of any medium... but could you really make it into a film?
                Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

I'm torn on that one.

I think the big decision will revolve around "how many colossi will we feature". They can have a build up to just one Colossus or they can throw multiple colossus scenarios in there. Not sure which way I'd go. I just remember when I found my first one in the game - it was a great "Holy S%^t!" moment.

Comment

Well F*ck, there's another dream project up in smoke...

I hope it gets shelved so i can resurrect it someday.

EDIT: ooh, look at the writer. at least this thing's in good hands...to win a razzie!

Comment

I'm a huge fan of this game. HUGE FAN. IMO, this was and will be the greatest game to ever hit shelves.

That being said, I bet my life they will screw this movie up. No matter who does it. They will screw up the tone and the entire feel of it.

If I was writing this, I would start off with the MC on his horse, trekking across the land on his way to greet the first Giant. No dialogue... Nothing. Just him hauling a$$ and then climbing up this huge cliff and then BAM! We get this visual shocker of this couple hundred feet Giant walking about. A moment of tension and then the battle begins.

It would be pretty hard to adapt the game into a screenplay while staying true to the content. There is hardly any dialogue in the entire game, so... Yeah...

In order to accomplish exposition and back story I would do this by the use of Nightmares. When the MC defeats a giant and he gets attacked by that spirit stuff, he would have a horrifying nightmare. We get glimpses little by little revealing more and more of his purpose. Of the plot...

BUT that's just my opinion, obviously.
                      We Are Legion.

Comment

Yeah, this is hard. The game really is just its own thing. Adapting it for screen is seriously diluting it, and there's no way that it'll be done the way that it should be. There will be dialogue, there will be wisecracking sidekicks, there will be some crappy villain sneering in the darkness...

This is just the wrong type of game to try and adapt. It can be done, game adaptations to film, and they don't even have to be as bad as all of them have been. It's true! But in this case, playing the game is the experience. It's a great game so I can understand why the thought would cross one's mind to adapt it, but it should go away after you think about it for ten seconds.

It's like John Woo wanting to do that Metroid movie. You know Saumus will be Megan Fox or some crap and she'll have a partner that she's saddled with for some dumb reason (all "but i work alone" dun dun DUNNNNN) and there will be space banging and somehow Woo will figure out how to give her guns on BOTH hands and put little space helmets on all the doves and awthehellwithit.

Comment

i think hillary swank would make a good samus.

Comment

anthony hopkins as the metroid

Comment

Working...
                            X