Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Adam Isaac

Default Did I miss the DISNEY SIGNS STAN LEE thread?

Disney signs deal with Stan Lee
Los Angeles Business from bizjournals - 11:39 AM PDT Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Walt Disney Studios has signed an exclusive multi-year first look deal with Stan Lee and his production company POW! Entertainment.

Lee is the creator of many iconic comic-book characters, such as a Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

Under the terms of the agreement, Lee and POW will develop and produce all forms of entertainment.

"His innate talent of tapping into the human qualities of his super hero characters has certainly struck a chord with generations of audiences and readers around the world. We are honored to be working with someone as formidable as Stan and his production company and welcome them to the Disney family," Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, said in a statement.

POW! is based in Beverly Hills.

--------------------------------

Buy stock in POWN like now, maaaaaaan!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
12IronMonkeys
Regular

Default Re: Did I miss the DISNEY SIGNS STAN LEE thread?

Hmmm, it'll be really interesting to see what comes from this. Maybe Disney will bring us a live action version of Stripperella now?

Here's a bit more:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20853

Quote:
Disney Signs First Look Deal with Stan Lee
Source: Walt Disney Studios
June 6, 2007

The Walt Disney Studios has entered into an exclusive multi-year first look deal with "Spider-Man" creator and producer Stan Lee and his production company POW! Entertainment, it was announced by Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios.

Under the terms of the agreement, Lee and his production company will develop and produce all forms of entertainment.

"As the father of such renowned comic book heroes as Spider-Man, The Hulk, X-Men among others, Stan is considered one of the most creative and inventive forces in the industry today. His innate talent of tapping into the human qualities of his super hero characters has certainly struck a chord with generations of audiences and readers around the world," stated Cook in making the announcement. "We are honored to be working with someone as formidable as Stan and his production company and welcome them to the Disney family."

"It's like the realization of a dream. Ever since I was a young boy, Disney represented the best and most exciting film fare to me. And now, many decades later, with movies such as their incredible Pirates of the Caribbean spectaculars, Disney is still at the forefront of family entertainment, excelling in live action, animation, TV, theme parks -- whatever it takes to bring fun and fantasy to audiences everywhere. I look forward with indescribable enthusiasm to being a part of that world and contributing whatever I can to keep the legend alive and growing," said Stan Lee, chairman of POW! Entertainment.

Oren Aviv, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, added, "Stan Lee is a living legend in the world of pop culture and his characters and stories have been the inspiration for some of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters. We're very excited to be working with him and his talented team in creating some incredible new motion picture experiences. Stan has so many fantastic new ideas for films, and we can't wait to get started."

Bob Chapek, president, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, was instrumental in bringing this deal to Disney and will work closely with Lee on many of his projects.

Chapek said, "Stan is not only loved by fans of the genre, but is one of the most respected and admired figures in the entertainment industry. In fact, it's hard to think of another individual who has created as many memorable and appealing characters. We're thrilled that Stan has decided to make Disney his new home, and feel very fortunate to be collaborating with him on a wide range of new projects for all divisions of our company. His track record is impressive by any measure, and Home Entertainment is sure to benefit from his creations."

Gill Champion, POW! Entertainment, COO says, "There can be no better opportunity to perpetuate the Stan Lee/Pow! brand for all media than to be associated with the Disney Studio. No one better understands the incalculable value and importance of Developing, Producing, Distributing and Marketing new global franchises. We are incredibly impressed with the professionalism and valuable input from the executive and creative talent whom we now so eagerly join."

Last edited by 12IronMonkeys : 06-06-2007 at 04:36 PM.
12IronMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
wcmartell

Is that who he signed with this week?

- Bill
Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
David Alin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartell View Post
Is that who he signed with this week?

- Bill
Yeah... I read it this evening... a day late but needless to say it's true according the Los Angeles Times Business section. Interesting... thank goodness for my wife obtaining the daily paper from her (job - teacher) school to read the details!

Congrats are out to Stan Lee!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
vmf

Who are they going to sign up next, the Ghost of Jack Kirby?
vmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
Adam Isaac