Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Darthclaw13
Regular

Default Prudent?

Hello everyone!

I hope all here today are doing well.

My question today is: I am wondering if it is prudent to let producers know you have other production companies looking at the same script?

I have three production companies (so far) that have requested and are (hopefully) currently reading one of my feature scripts.

I read somewhere (it was probably here in the forums) that you can let them know other producers/prod co's are also reviewing and showing interest.

It was said that this mention can "kick" them into gear, as we all know that getting the proverbial ball rolling in this line of work can sometimes be slooooooow, and writers may not hear back from anyone for quite a long time.

Of course I do not wish to push or rush anyone, but I would like the prod co's to know that they are not the only ones interested in my script so they won't "lollygag" and wait a long time to review and potentially consider, when another prod co may be faster than them in this aspect.

Has anyone else here heard of this and has anyone else done this? And if you did what were the results?

Or is this not cool to do?

Also, what are your recommendations as far as how long to wait after their request and the sending of the script before contacting them to find out how it is going. (it's only been a week for mine, and I know that's not very long to wait, and I am not planning on contacting anyone yet for a while longer if no word).

I thank you all in advance and wish everyone here much success in all you do.
Darthclaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote