Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A non-disclosure agreement

Nobody pays that off one's own pocket. You ask your minister of culture for funding. Europe has its merits

Comment

Originally posted by goldmund View Post
      You ask your minister of culture for funding.
      That explains in total why there was no connection with my country since 2014.

He or she (the minister) would probably shoot the last living Lipizzaner (couldn't find anything more appropriate as a comparison so fast) before he would hand out a single Euro to support something like that.

Check out "Where to invade next,- from M. Moore, and you will see what we did with them (politicians, not the horses) when they tried to take our free education from us.

Unfortunately, for every pig one removes there are dozens already waiting in line to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
        Ultimately there are plenty of Americans with non-English last names and/or even first names.
        I just got a weird answer from a producer (German, lives, and works in Canada) for my email pitch:

"i can watch"

Any idea what the heck he means by that?

You don't watch, you read a script - and I doubt that what I offered him is on TV right now - the title, maybe, but definitely not the logline.

If I write and ask him, at least one of us will feel like a donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by slopnik View Post
          I just got a weird answer from a producer (German, lives, and works in Canada) for my email pitch:

"i can watch"

Any idea what the heck he means by that?

You don't watch, you read a script - and I doubt that what I offered him is on TV right now - the title, maybe, but definitely not the logline.

If I write and ask him, at least one of us will feel like a donkey.
          The producer probably meant "read" and it's just a typo. You watch movies and since this is a script for a film it was probably a brain fart, as the expression goes. I think we've all done that at some point in an e-mail or in a conversation. They were probably responding quickly while doing other stuff.

Personally, I'd probably write them back to clarify and make sure they realized your email was for a script and not a finished film/project. I would note that politely. No one should be that embarrassed by a simple typo. You surely shouldn't feel bad for asking since they did it and it's a hair unclear.

But if you feel uncomfortable asking, just send it. What's the worst they are going to do? Write you back and say they misunderstood and thought it was a finished film? The "issue" is with them. Not you. You should be fine.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
            But if you feel uncomfortable asking, just send it. What's the worst they are going to do? Write you back and say they misunderstood and thought it was a finished film? The "issue" is with them. Not you. You should be fine.
            This guy had to be full to his ears when he wrote his first answer to me.

I've sent him the screenplay without additional questions and got his response today - what he meant was "I only sell movies, I don't produce them anymore."

Another company that produces one of the top 10-15 TV series in the USA allowed me to send them one of my pilots (with submission release). They didn't go for it but wanted to know if I have something with female leads - and I do - 8 to 16 of them (only TV pilots).

I have sent her their loglines and she requested (as I suggested) the first ten pages without any submission form.

What bothers me in this is - how can one know they are not just looking for good ideas? We all know about writers who have one to two good ideas and from there on write only crap. All one need is a good logline to develop their own ideas.

Crap, another one responded this morning - okay it is late-night at her place. She just started reading the first ten pages I have sent her as a teaser and wrote "Verry interesting so far."
            These guys really love to tease, what?

Comment

Working...
            X