No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl semifinal round judging now complete

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    By the way, you guys do realize she hasn't seen anything in this thread since she last posted?

HH
    For what it's worth, on some weird level, I kinda like her. She's got spunk.

Hmm . . . why do I suddenly feel like Lou Grant on the Mary Tyler Moore show?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
      And if you don't care for my opinion, you are free to put me on your ignore list, cshel, as I've just added you to mine.
      I will not be ignored, Da - er, JoJo. I had no idea there was such a thing as an "ignore list". Now you'll never know, JoJo, that you've taught me so much. You were the wind beneath my wings. This is what it sounds like, when doves cry...
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by cshel View Post
        I will not be ignored, Da - er, JoJo. I had no idea there was such a thing as an "ignore list". Now you'll never know, JoJo, that you've taught me so much. You were the wind beneath my wings. This is what it sounds like, when doves cry...
        Oh, boy . . . that's really good.

Comment

Originally posted by acquaformosa View Post
          For what it's worth, on some weird level, I kinda like her. She's got spunk.

Hmm . . . why do I suddenly feel like Lou Grant on the Mary Tyler Moore show?
          If my wife was an aspiring screenwriter, I'd seriously think she might be JoJo. really.
          In the evening when the sun is sinkin' low
          Everybody's with the one they love
          I walk the town, Keep a-searchin' all around
          Lookin' for my street corner girl
          - Zep

Comment

From the few of these scripts I've seen it can be proven beyond doubt that the leak didn't come from the Nicholl. The pdf's have the author's names on them and would be disqualified from the contest.

I'm curious as to whether Greg or the writers can request these scripts to be taken down by the tracking boards, and if they have any luck getting them to comply?

Comment

Originally posted by Howie428 View Post
              I'm curious as to whether Greg or the writers can request these scripts to be taken down by the tracking boards, and if they have any luck getting them to comply?
              But isn't getting reads/talked about on the tracking boards the point of these tracking boards? Why would you want to take the scripts down?

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                But isn't getting reads/talked about on the tracking boards the point of these tracking boards? Why would you want to take the scripts down?

HH
                True, but as has been discussed, these drafts are not necessarily the most recent drafts.

Comment

Winners announced: http://www.oscars.org/press/pressrel...20121024a.html

Comment

and MW for the win! congratulations. things are gonna start to change for ya

Comment

Wow. Huge, hulking, humongous CONGRATULATIONS for MWer!

You are among an elite few to have the privilege to call themselves a Nicholls Fellow.

Comment

Yep, big congrats MW, I also just got an email from one of the finalists who was awarded a fellowship, and I couldn't be happier for him, his screenplay, "Willie Francis Must Die Again" was absolutely fantastic.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So very awesome.
                          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

EJ

Comment

Congrats MWer!

Comment

Working...
                                X