No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pacific Rim

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    I rememeber Emily re-assuring us all a while back, saying "Don't worry, I read the script. It's solid." Yet these same pros always tell us how a good script doesn't guarantee a good movie. That an amazing script can be butchered in development and production. From watching the second trailer, I'm starting to feel this script was butchered in development and production.
    Indeed.

If I know one thing, it's how sacred a quality screenplay is to Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
      I watched Sucker Punch at home, bad choice.

The movie was so bad I walked out of my own house.
      The Funniest thing I've read on DDP. Kuddos

Comment

I rememeber Emily re-assuring us all a while back, saying "Don't worry, I read the script. It's solid." Yet these same pros always tell us how a good script doesn't guarantee a good movie. That an amazing script can be butchered in development and production. From watching the second trailer, I'm starting to feel this script was butchered in development and production.
        Hold up on that, B. I never read this script.* I do love Travis Beachem, but I would have said that about a different project, and without knowing the context, it's tough to judge the accuracy of your point.

*Assuming I'm the Emily in question, which seems likely since I have defeated all other Emilys in single combat.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I'm not wading through 13 pages dedicated to this trailer, but if nobody made a Robot Jox crack in all that time I'm going to be vaguely put off.

Comment

I was tempted, but I didn't want to give away that I'm old. Very, very old.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

So this one opens this week, and I think if you are in the sweet spot for who this is aimed at (like the below chap) then Del Toro knocks it out of the park.

Hideo Kojima Gives Pacific Rim Heartfelt Endorsement
              http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Hideo-...orsement/12713

I suspect on a big, big screen, in 3D (the CG scenes are native 3D rendered), this is going to be an impressive visceral experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
                I'm not wading through 13 pages dedicated to this trailer, but if nobody made a Robot Jox crack in all that time I'm going to be vaguely put off.
                Ahh, the good old days of Charles Band. I would've made a crack if I wasn't preoccupied with what a momentous ball of shit this film looks.
                M.A.G.A.

Comment

Hideo Kojima is a well known movie lunatic who makes video games about giant robots. I'm not sure there are films he dislikes, and when you're touching on his genre...

Honestly I'm shocked the guy isn't making films himself. I suspect he's only still in the game business to fund his crazy experiments.

Comment

Looking good so far. 83% RT rating, which is staggering for a CGI blockbuster.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pacific_rim_2013/
                    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Looking good so far. 83% RT rating, which is staggering for a CGI blockbuster.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pacific_rim_2013/
                      It'll drop when it goes wide, as they all tend to do.

Heck, it's already down to 77%.

Comment

How's the 3d?
                        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I think it looks cool and I love Guillermo, but I got a feeling this is going to tank.
                          "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                          - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

That'd completely suck. Two of the three biggest flops this summer have been standalone scripts. A third original script under-performing would probably lock the suits down into their thinking people only want what they're already familiar with...
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                              How's the 3d?
                              The trailer for Pacific Rim looked better in 3D than the entire World War Z film.

DISCLAIMER: I do not advocate 3D in any way, shape, or form.

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
                                I think it looks cool and I love Guillermo, but I got a feeling this is going to tank.
                                The advertising is killing it. They're making it out to be a mindless CGI robot flick. From what I've heard, it has a lot more depth. It reminds me of Source Code's advertising, where all the elements that made the film special and unique were replaced with CGI explosions.

I've noticed over the past few years that anything I'm actually excited to go see does fairly well at the BO (though films I haven't been excited about still could do well) Here, I'm borderline excited. My guess? It'll bring in a modest amount domestically.

Internationally, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't do exceedingly well.
                                I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Working...
                                X