What has been your favorite Summer movies so far?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been your favorite Summer movies so far?

What has been some of your favorite summer movies? Which ones surprised you or you felt were under rated?

Which movies are you looking forward to in the next few months? You can include streaming movies too.

Re: What has been your favorite Summer movies so far?

Originally posted by Friday View Post
    Which movies are you looking forward to in the next few months? You can include streaming movies too.
    The Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      The Hunt

Watch for it in January next year where the studio can sneak dump it without much fanfare.

Comment

Favorite movies of the summer:

Midsommar
        Once Upon A Time...
        Spider-Man

Pretty boring, but I haven't been able to get to the theater much.

Excited to see soonish:

Ready or Not
        The Farewell
        Luce
        The Nightingale

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
          Favorite movies of the summer:

Midsommar
          Once Upon A Time...
          Spider-Man

Pretty boring, but I haven't been able to get to the theater much.

Excited to see soonish:

Ready or Not
          The Farewell
          Luce
          The Nightingale

Spiderman was so surprising to me. I was getting Marvel fatigue, but it's actually a very funny movie...and the story works. I also really liked Aladdin. It was the first time I saw the Lion King and that was really good (never saw the animated version). I think I average about 20 movies per month, so I've pretty much seen a lot of them. Not everything is coming to mind. Most have been pretty enjoyable. This last week, I saw the Art of Racing in the rain, which was entertaining. Ecco was one of the worst movies I've seen all year.

There are some box office disappointments that I actually really enjoyed like Anna and Dark Phoenix.

I already saw Luce. It's pretty good. Good conflict. A lot of cat and mouse and I am glad they didn't go the usual cheap route most thrillers do. Same beats, but enough of a difference to feel different.

Comment

I am looking forward to 47 Meters Down - I like shark movies. And Britney runs a marathon. I wish there were more choices coming up.

Comment

What has been some of your favorite summer movies? Which ones surprised you or you felt were under rated?

I'm going to be bold and say.... mine. Extracurricular Activities.

And I'm excited to see Ready or Not. Oh... And Dolemite.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
                I'm going to be bold and say.... mine. Extracurricular Activities.

And I'm excited to see Ready or Not. Oh... And Dolemite.

Did Extracurricular activities get a wide release? I think I miss that one...and usually I see everything. I remember seeing a 1970s version of Dolemite.

I'm kind of excited to see they are finally doing "Killing on Carnival Row." It was originally a film script, but I guess they are turning it into a limited series. Cool script.

Comment

Did Extracurricular activities get a wide release? I think I miss that one...and usually I see everything. I remember seeing a 1970s version of Dolemite.

I'm kind of excited to see they are finally doing "Killing on Carnival Row." It was originally a film script, but I guess they are turning it into a limited series. Cool script.
                  We got released NY and LA. Did well. Distribution by The Orchard/1091. On VOD now. And there's a new Dolemite with Eddie Murphy that looks amazing.

Comment

We got released NY and LA. Did well. Distribution by The Orchard/1091. On VOD now. And there's a new Dolemite with Eddie Murphy that looks amazing.

Ok. I checked out Extracurricular Activities on IMDB. Looks very cool. Definitely something I would have been into. I'll check that one out.

When I was trying to increase my film knowledge, I went through the list of the most popular Blaxploitation movies and I remember Dolemite on one of them. There have been other reboots lately that I thought were entertaining too.

Comment

Ok. I checked out Extracurricular Activities on IMDB. Looks very cool. Definitely something I would have been into. I'll check that one out.

When I was trying to increase my film knowledge, I went through the list of the most popular Blaxploitation movies and I remember Dolemite on one of them. There have been other reboots lately that I thought were entertaining too.
                      Thanks.... Love to hear what you think....

Comment

Once upon a time in Hollywood. Absolutely ****ing loved it like I haven't loved a movie for so long! I'd make a case that, that was QT's best movie to date.
                        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Thanks.... Love to hear what you think....

Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                            Once upon a time in Hollywood. Absolutely ****ing loved it like I haven't loved a movie for so long! I'd make a case that, that was QT's best movie to date.

If you had to rank a few of your favorite QT movies, how'd your rank it?

I'd probably put

Pulp Fiction

Inglorious Bastards

at the top.

Comment

If you had to rank a few of your favorite QT movies, how'd your rank it?

I'd probably put

Pulp Fiction

Inglorious Bastards

at the top.
                              OUATIH
                              Kill bill 1
                              Pulp fiction
                              Re dogs
                              Django
                              Deathproof
                              Kill bill2
                              Jackie Brown
                              Hateful
                              Inglorious Bastards

Oddly enough my "hate" for inglorious is the same reason that OUATIH made it to the top, the alternative history aspect. I hated the radical change of history so far "our timeline" but loved the aspect of the Manson family simply going to the house next door and finding something they were utterly unprepared for.
                              Really wanted to love Hateful and should probably have seen it in the theatre, after several tries at home I haven't made it to the end. Loved kill Bill 1, felt ripped off by 2. Jackie brown left no impression on me what so ever
                              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X