X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top Ten shows of past season

Originally posted by AP Oz View Post
    You need to expand your universe.

Numerous prominent critics have pointed out the multitude of flaws in the finale. And anyone paying attention to social media would realize that many of the hard-core book-reading fans were very disappointed by the lack of an expected reveal.

The only storyline that completely worked for me was Tyrion's-- everything else failed for me in some way. Even the Hound-Arya storyline, which had the terrific fight scene, ended with a questionable adaptation choice.

Because while Arya's final scene with the Hound makes sense in the book, where the two charaters only interact relatively briefly, on the show he had clearly come to actually care for her. So Arya's decision just makes her look like an a-hole, mainly because the show needed to re-sync with the books. To me, that's poor writing.
    Lol. You think a show on the CW is better than GoT and Fargo and I need to expand my universe? Obviously not everyone is going to love it, but the Finale received mostly praise from both critics and fans. Many critics called it the best Finale they've had yet. And no one except diehard readers actually expected Lady Stoneheart to show up.

The Arya-Hound scene was perfect. Arya never stopped saying his name when she repeated her list of those she wanted to kill. Yes, they bonded (mostly out of necessity), but at the same time, she never forgave him for what he did. It demonstrates just how jaded and driven Arya has become. I thought that was fantastic writing.

Comment

This is the second time you've snobbishly disparaged Arrow and Sleepy Hollow without explaining why you don't think they belong in a Top 10.

Have you actually watched all of Sleepy Hollow S1 and Arrow S2?
      I watched two episodes of each and had to stop because I prefer shows with good writing and talent. Just a personal preference. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
        I watched two episodes of each and had to stop because I prefer shows with good writing and talent.
        What a surprise!

Well, at least now we know your opinions are primarily informed by your own ignorance.

Comment

What a surprise!

Well, at least now we know your opinions are primarily informed by your own ignorance.
          So it's ignorant to stop watching a show you think is not watchable?

Comment

You need to expand your universe.

Numerous prominent critics have pointed out the multitude of flaws in the finale. And anyone paying attention to social media would realize that many of the hard-core book-reading fans were very disappointed by the lack of an expected reveal.

The only storyline that completely worked for me was Tyrion's-- everything else failed for me in some way. Even the Hound-Arya storyline, which had the terrific fight scene, ended with a questionable adaptation choice.

Because while Arya's final scene with the Hound makes sense in the book, where the two charaters only interact relatively briefly, on the show he had clearly come to actually care for her. So Arya's decision just makes her look like an a-hole, mainly because the show needed to re-sync with the books. To me, that's poor writing.

Yep, "numerous critics."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tv_e..._4_episode_10/

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              TV is a form of artistry, not a mathematical formula.

Therefore, you can not say that Game of Thrones > Arrow without acknowledging that it is an opinion you are stating.

There is a reason there are 1000 different TV shows. People have different tastes. There's no need to disparage someone simply because they like shows that the critics don't like, or don't like shows that the critics love.

Comment

Originally posted by jariax View Post
                TV is a form of artistry, not a mathematical formula.

Therefore, you can not say that Game of Thrones > Arrow without acknowledging that it is an opinion you are stating.

There is a reason there are 1000 different TV shows. People have different tastes. There's no need to disparage someone simply because they like shows that the critics don't like, or don't like shows that the critics love.
                Except I already clearly stated he was entitled to his opinion...

What's not an opinion, however, is acting as though "many" critics did not like a Finale when the opposite is true...

Comment

I'm terrible on watching TV shows, but TD and Fargo were my attention givers and I'm happy with that.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                  X