X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seth Lockhart

Originally posted by Shari Hari View Post
    Is it bad of me to ask, just totally out of honest curiosity, what films Seths' company has named?
    We would like to know too.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywoodrights
      So Admin, why would you lock this post? It is for our community of writers and filmmakers to share info and discussion about agents and managers etc. isn't it?
      Yes, it is a place for screenwriters to share info & discuss agents, managers, producers, the craft of writing, etc. in a civil, respectful manner regardless of the topic. But when a thread becomes seven plus pages, and the person being discussed has chimed in, stated their case and asked people to email or even PM him directly at this point, then the thread has pretty much run it's course. More than enough points have been made by each side and people at this stage should be able to make an informed decision of whether they want to deal with Seth or not.

I haven't I locked the thread have I? No. It's still open. I asked/suggested that people essentially wrap it up or better yet take it offline, if it's simply going to be the same questions over & over again, and they are beating a dead horse. If it's just going to go in circles, then we'd rather lock it and perserve it as is.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Hmmm...interesting, Master.

Seth has certainly opened the door for us to scrutinize him, based on his many claims and invitations -- right here on Done Deal. I hope he reads these posts and responds.

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
          You guys are all so ****ed up.

If most of you around here can call yourselves writers (and I've seen the pages and loglines to disprove it), he can certainly call himself a manager. Get over yourselves and write a script that sells.
          Sing it, Cyndi Lauper:

"True colors,
          Shining through"

Comment

Perhaps the Thundercats message board isn't the best place to get accurate information on the who's who in the industry.
            absolutely, CE.

that place is full of furries.

personally, i favor the transformers board.

Comment

I think the time has come to back off and end this thread..

I'm not wanting to get in any debates or arguments about who is right or wrong but I've read this thread and I do think it has run its course..

If it was me this thread was discussing I'd be rather pissed to say the least.

Its one thing mentioning possible scam artists to protect the innocent but its another pointing the finger.

Even if a lot of writers who visit DD are not pros I think we all should behave in a manner that befits a professional and keep the accusations off a public forum unless you have absolute proof of such a thing..

I had an experience on another forum completely different to this which became extremely personal and I was innocent of the accusations made; the result I never returned there. I would hate for the person being discussed in this thread turned out to be an innocent victim only to find the accusations could ruin their reputation and even their career. Besides, despite the contrary, some of the posts in this thread are not far removed from defamation of character and slander for all the world to see and if that person sighted these as evidence in court, some posters in here could face the wrath of a slander suit and may be forced to compensate that person with financial damages..

The internet is not so far removed it once was and stuff people post, particularly slander and defamation can be used against the perpetrators so with that in mind, let's just close this sorry mess here, consign the information to oblivion and lock the thread.

Give the man the benefit of the doubt, you would want the same, it is the human thing to do!

Admin, please lock this thread.. Thank you..

Comment

as I said before, those accusations were strong and wanted to wait to see if they were at all true and give Seth a chance to respond.

I'm glad CE shed some light on the validity of the Zach connection.

However, CE...that's probably the first time I can say you've ever disappointed me with a post. Not only do you use the most non PC language in your sweeping and general attack on us, but you also were just downright evil to take stabs at the writer's work here.

Aren't you supposed to be the "encouraging" pro? With just a few sentences you may have single-handedly convinced many here to never post their thoughts again.

Not to mention offended any of us who may deal with the struggle of "retardation" in their family.

I understand your frustration, and I'm all about being fair. (see my previous posts in this thread). But I thought you were above this.

s

Comment

darn, all I wanted to know is what movies Seth's helped to name. It would be fun to know.

Wouldn't it help create excitement for Seth's publicity?

I dunno. I guess it's a state secret or something.

Comment

When I was at ICM, we tried to sign Zach. Seth served as the intermediary.
                    Hmm. Isn't that, like, extremely different than *managing* someone's career?

And please answer slowly, classy professional Mr. Lockhart. I have retardation.

Comment

Hmm. Isn't that, like, extremely different than *managing* someone's career?

And please answer slowly, classy professional Mr. Lockhart. I have retardation.
                      Getting your client signed by a major agency is exactly what managers are *supposed* to do. I don't get your point.

Comment

I met Seth because we share the same surname.
                        Lockhart...

Lockhart...

LOCKHART-CATS!
                        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

darn, all I wanted to know is what movies Seth's helped to name. It would be fun to know.

Wouldn't it help create excitement for Seth's publicity?

I dunno. I guess it's a state secret or something.
                          As William Martell said on his website (and as everyone knows), it's so damned hard to break into this business that, if you do find success, you'll be more than happy to name the movies you worked on. That's why producers have posters of their movies on their office walls. It was so much work to get them made and they're proud of them. Whether they're good movies or not.

Hell, some people make a lifetime anecdote out of having run into Jodie Foster at the supermarket and can tell you every little thing about what she was wearing, what she bought, where the supermarket is, and the time of day.

I have one friend who still, two decades later, still trots out the time they played footsies with Eric Roberts under a table during lunch in the Hamptons.

But when someone dances around the question of what they've done and don't give clear answers, that's when people's BS detectors start lighting up. Some people can talk the talk without really naming specifics. I think most people have seen a guy walk into a room and hand out business cards while telling vague stories about being a hot shot producer or agent and telling stories about all these big name stars he's worked with. Ask them what they've done and they suddenly go silent or dance around the question.

As my mother used to say about some people (usually politicians), "He talks a lot but he doesn't say much."

If someone asks you what script you sold, what movie you named, what you had for lunch, it shouldn't be hard to answer it. That is, if you did sell a script, name a movie, or have lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56
                            If Seth can answer the questions/doubts posed here (right here, not privately), then fine. In that case, he should be able to make as many announcements and invitations as he'd like in this forum. If not, then he should find another forum -- or take it privately. Thank you.
                            I appreciate the concerns of all. The whole reason the site & forums are here is to help writers. I'd hope that all of you, whether you agree or disagree with everything we do here, would know that our intentions & goals to provide a great resource have always been most geniune.

Yes, Seth has posted here. And yes people have responded and questioned. But even then, eventually the discussion needs to wrap up, especially when it starts becoming uncivil and circular in nature -- which it has now.

The above quoted post/point is fair enough and that's exactly what was noted some posts back. Take it private from this point forward to ask any further questions. As I noted in another post and I stand by it, more than enough has been posted from both sides of the fence on the topic. People should be able to make a fairly informed decision or at least know where to look to further research working with Seth.

Some of you are saying keep the thread going, while others are saying it's more than run it's course. Which is it? Who's right?

At this point, I feel the fairest thing is to simply lock the thread and leave the various discusions here so people can reference them. The posts are getting a little too personal at this stage.

Thus, please use your PM feature or email one another to clarify any further questions you might have on the topic(s). Hopefully this way info can be exchanged, while at the same time not completely burn this thread to the ground.

Please.
                            Will
                            Done Deal Pro
                            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                            X