Red Dawn(2010) release-post production...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn(2010) release-post production...

I've heard from online sources; www.imdb.com etc that MGM/UA's big problems have derailed the new Red Dawn film.
    I looked forward to this movie and really liked the 1980s version.
    The reports say the new film may go D2V or not even get a major US release!
    I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Re: Red Dawn(2010) release-post production...

I knew a military tech advisor that was there for filming last year. Said it was going to be a disaster, and I guess he was right.

Comment

The original RED DAWN was crap to begin with; why anyone thought we'd need a remake is beyond me....

Comment

i thought it was great when i was a kid. i dont see how it'd be any good as a remake though with today's competition.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

When I saw it as a kid, I thought it was good, too. But, back then, we were still in the Cold War (though toward the end of it) and there was still a touch of the Red Scare (sort of), so I think its effectiveness was rooted in that latent fear in people, even if the quality of the movie was only so-so.

I don't know what the plot of the new Red Dawn is but, considering that we're really the only superpower left in the world, I can't imagine any type of "takeover of America" scenario that would be believable.

So, I can't really envision it being a good Red Dawn story. Maybe an "okay" run-of-the-mill war movie?
          "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

They're taking on China now. Wolverines!

They'll remake anything these days. Just waiting for Gymkata 2: Electric Boogaloo: The Reboot.
            Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
              i thought it was great when i was a kid. i dont see how it'd be any good as a remake though with today's competition.

Ditto, and with no Cold War, what was the point of remaking it?
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

A sequel, with that time-line carried on to present day would have been a lot more interesting then a remake.

Comment

Re: the no cold war aspect. In 1936 it was all peace, love and mung beans (and Olympics) and Adolf was Time's man of the year, three years later Czechoslovakia was gone, Austria was gone and the World was facing the biggest war of all time that would see 50-60 million dead. Things change and they can change pretty fast.

Right now we're seeing China as potentially the wealthiest nation, they're investing heavily in Africa and Iran in particular. There are constant threats towards Iran from Israel and the US and if things got out of control the world could get very messy equally as fast as the 30s. Whether or not China has the global reach is debatable but it is modernizing its military at a fast rate. If you have time take a read of Invasion by Eric L. Harry. http://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Eric-.../dp/0515128422 for an interesting take on how China might become a global superpower and chance it's arm at an invasion of the US mainland
                  ________
                  LovelyWendie99
                  Last edited by Southern_land; 05-13-2011, 07:07 AM.
                  I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X