Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade out.

I heard today that a great almost unheralded screenwriter passed away last night in his sleep.

He had supported and encouraged me over the last few years and will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Dr. Fred A. Wyler - 18 June 1944 - 10 May 2010

Born in Beverly Hills as son of three times Oscar winning Director, William Wyler (Ben Hur), Fred obtained his university education mainly in Germany (Marburg /Goettingen). After military service and graduation (PhD / MD), he settled down in California as a licensed psychiatrist.

Fred was a living connection to the founders of Hollywood. His godfather was director Fred Zinnemann and grand uncle, Carl Laemmle, one of the founders of Universal Studios.

His first contact with the movie industry was technical advisor to the story development of "Apocalypse Now-.

He became Senior Executive (Development) for major production companies and national TV networks (CBS, HBO), and he became famous in the industry as the literary agent who identified blockbuster scripts and projects such as Top Gun, Pretty Woman, Lethal Weapon, Basic Instinct and The Rock.

Fred designed the concept (and wrote various scripts) of famous TV series such as Full House (ABC), The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (NBC), Hearts A Fire (CBS) and the award winning Mad About You (Columbia TV) and All my Children (ABC).

Besides his career as an Executive, Fred wrote over 100 TV and movie scripts since 1980; he became famous as the writer of Pink Cadillac, Air America and The Mask of Zorro.

In order to distinguish his writing career from his executive life, Fred has used in the past many different pseudonyms, John Eskow, David Steven Simon and Lee Reynolds, were just three.

In 2006, Fred created the international production company, AVIV Pictures, with a group of industry professionals.

He always had time for beginners and would go that extra mile for a friend.

I will miss you Fred.
    Ron Aberdeen
    http://www.ronaberdeen.com/
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3609083/

Re: Fade out.

I am sorry to hear Fred's death. While I personally do not know him I appreciate people who help fellow writers
    padma

Comment

Working...
    X