Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Articles, Books, Blogs, Magazines, DVDs & Podcasts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
CColoredClown

Default Re: The New Black List

Not bad, not bad at all.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
FranklinLeonard

Hi everyone, it's me. Franklin Leonard, creator of the Black List. As you might imagine, today's a pretty busy day, but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions you have about the list.

I'll be doing so over at the Black List blog. Probably the easiest way to ask those questions is by leaving them in the comments of this post: http://blog.blcklst.com/2012/10/ques...list-ask-away/

But I'll be dipping into threads where this new paradigm shift is being discussed to answer questions and address misinformation.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
lordmanji

This sounds really cool. Very well could become a major center for finding good screenplays, and allows the writers to be more selective (which will put everyone on their game). Have a few questions:

Regarding readers: will it be possible to "request a reader or type of reader (say for genre)"?

And how many readers would it take before industry players are notified?

How are shady producers separated from legitimate smaller producers?

Last edited by lordmanji : 10-15-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Geoff Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly View Post
Inktip is crying real tears right now.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
LIMAMA

Franklin, what makes your site different from one like Ink Tip, for example.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Joe Unidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
This isn't the same Black List, dood. This is a new service just like Inktip except it's using the Black list name...the guy who created the Black List never made a dime from it...this is his way to cash in.
Truth.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #17
FranklinLeonard

For all of you wondering, it's the same Black List, just an expanded version.

I am Franklin Leonard. The same guy that created the first list while a development executive at Appian Way back in 2005.

I don't know InkTip's service well, so I can't speak to the primary differences, nor do I see them as competition. We are offering something singular and for a, for the most part, lower price point.

I believe InkTip provides in depth coverage. We do not. We provide a brief evaluation and then use the content of that evaluation (which the writer and choose to make public or keep private, entirely their prerogative) to identify the best scripts which are then spotlighted for our membership of, currently, almost 1200 film industry professionals, which is, I believe, far more than what InkTip can offer.

More on that as I learn more about InkTip, but again, to be very, very clear, we do not view them as competition. From what I understand, their coverage service is quite strong.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Manchester

Franklin, certainly there is a big rush today, but about timing - How long do you expect it to take to get the $50 notes/review/rec?

Here's why I ask. It seems that one has to pay the $25 monthly fee to be listed in order to pay the $50 to be reviewed. As I understand it, you only make a review available to others if the writer agrees.

So let's say I've written the world's greatest-ever script, and yet... your reviewer finds it to be not-so-much. In that case, I might want to take it down from your site and reconsider if maybe my self-assessment wasn't quite right. I'm wondering how long that time-arc might be. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
joe9alt

$25 a month PLUS $50 for a read?

Why not just query the people on the producers' list for free?

Well, one good thing that comes out of this is at least I won't have to be annoyed about not making the black list any more!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
madworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9alt View Post

Well, one good thing that comes out of this is at least I won't have to be annoyed about not making the black list any more!
exactly.
Closed Thread