Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westworld

Season 2 hasn't felt quite as solid as Season 1 did for me, the dynamic's been different of course, but I thought ep 8's focus on Akecheta the Ghost Nation warrior was full of fascinating reveals. Good writing!

Comment

I agree -- for those who don't want to watch season 2 for whatever reason, I do recommend skipping ahead to 8 -- it's kind of stand alone and really cool. My favorite of the season.

Comment

Maybe I was a little tired... but honestly this was about the hardest time I've had feeling like I was on top of a sci-fi story in a while.

Season 2 Finale Spoilers for discussion:

Okay... so, Dolores escapes in her new body, reconstitutes Bernard for--- why? I guess as a sort of sounding board to keep her honest?

Meanwhile Man In Black gets dumped into an android body by his daughter? And how do we know the daughter's human again?

This is all frustrating because the Bernard storyline creates the possibility that any single person / robot in a scene could be a memory implant/projection.

So that's three things anyone might be revealed to be at any given moment. Hard to feel like the big reveals are reveals. I felt like I was making educated guesses a lot of the time.

Ugh.
        - - - - - - -
        Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

the finale (and most of season 2 really) was a hot mess but not in a good way. another JJ-produced "mystery box" special that gets Lost in what it thinks is the coolness of its premise but ends up just being impenetrable for no apparent reason

Comment

I loved every minute of it. I can't claim I - like the writers, I suspect - fully understood what was going on, but it was every bit as good as season one, IMO.
            TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Working...
            X