|10-26-2018, 12:53 AM||#24|
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: Open source software for screenwriters
And we have an update! Today, finally, we will move the latest beta version to the release candidate status!
In the current version, we made several improvements over the previous beta:
- improved program performance when working with script text;
- fixed problem with drawing the cursor (for Hebrew and Farsi fixed problem with positioning the cursor in the empty line);
- fixed problem with slowing down the typewriter sounds;
- fixed a problem with importing a DOCX document, when character dialogues were defined as actions;
- improved export of documents to PDF and DOCX;
- improved import and export in the fountain format.
If you have not been updated for a long time and have not followed the development of the program, then you can take a look at what was added to it on the way from version 0.7.1 to version 0.7.2:
Beta 1 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-11-10.html
Beta 2 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2017-11-12.html
Beta 3 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-01-07.html
Beta 4 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-01-08.html
Beta 5 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-01-23.html
Beta 6 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-03-14.html
Beta 7 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-05-15.html
Beta 8 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-06-19.html
Beta 9 - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-09-17.html
Beta 9A - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/history/2018-09-30.html
All further improvements in the current version will include only improvements in performance and fixing of detected errors. All new features will be added in the next version 0.8.0.
In fact, it’s getting harder for me to support the project every day, so now I’m thinking about how it could be done so that on the one hand the project could develop and on the other hand I wouldn’t have to be torn between my main job, my family and KIT. Perhaps you have ideas or suggestions on how to do this - welcome to discussions or private messaging!
Developer of the Free and Open Source screenwriting software KIT Scenarist