No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark

finished binging season one and two.

i have always love Jason Bateman as an actor. called him Justin Bateman here years ago. haha. my bad. loved him in Arrested development and The Kingdom, what a surprise.

this was an interesting character dilemma. what i loved most was that everything you thought bad could happen, did. every time, i was like, what's he gonna do? what's he gonna do.

i love the ****ed up characters. all of them. his wife, his kid with the birds and guns, his ****ed up partners. it was all very entertaining.

and just when he's about to solve all his problems at the end of season two, his wife steps up and...

well, you'll have to watch it and see.

very good. highly recommended.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Ozark

I watched the whole first season and I recall only liking it a little bit after 4-5 episodes. It was like Breaking Bad lite. And Jason Bateman makes me laugh so even though it's a drama he's acting the same as he does in most movies, so I was laughing inside.

I didn't love the setup of the show. I haven't seen it in a bit, but basically he's about to be killed and he sort of just pulls an offer out of his ass... it just felt like the wrong setup, like the drug dealer would say "you have 24 hours to get my money back" or tells him "I need this money clean. Can you do that for me?" I just remember watching it feeling the show should be over, he should shoot him if that's his plan and it's just a fluke he lives as opposed to it being a plot point that was thought out by bad guy...

I was so depressed watching this show I haven't gotten the energy for season 2. It seemed to lack the joy I had watching a Breaking Bad, it was only darkness.

I feel the same about Westworld. It makes me feel so ****ing sad and depressed and I hate it all, but I guess I don't as I watched 2 seasons of that show...

Comment

Working...
    X