Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #41
Bono

Default Re: Maybe I'm Just Not Talented Enough...

ACTION STAR -- do me next!!!! do me!!!!!
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #42
Friday

Yeah, I got a contact high just being near the vicinity. Give us all a pep talk Action Star.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #43
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionStar View Post
Man, I was nervous when I started reading this that you were gonna quit!

YOU CAN NEVER QUIT!

You are an A+ superstar! Hell man, they could just take your posts here, slap 'em in Final Draft, and have a movie that would open bigger than Star Wars! I've quit reading the newspaper in the morning, I just fire up Done Deal and inject GucciGhostXXX straight into my veins!

You're what the Aztecs used to call an Eagle Warrior! You are the bravest soldier! You take the greatest number of prisoners in battle!
HA!

Just trying to keep it REAL. Too much fake bullshizzz in this town.

I'll probably get blacklisted any second. LOL. What the fukk ever...
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #44
Bono

If you get black listed and are black does that make you full white? Asking for a racist friend.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #45
ActionStar
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
ACTION STAR -- do me next!!!! do me!!!!!
Bono, you want me to do U 2? LOL! I joke, but the real Bono should be carrying YOUR bags as you take a golden escalator to the top floor of HOLLYWOOD! Last stop, superstardom!

I shouldn't say this, but I used to work for the government in the XXXXX division of the XXXX agency! I'm probably going to be hunted down for saying this by the Time Soldiers, but I've seen your future, and I am BUYING!
ActionStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #46
ActionStar
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Just trying to keep it REAL. Too much fake bullshizzz in this town.
AMEN BROTHER! This is the kind of truth telling this place needs! Sing it! I just bought two tickets to Mars on the GucciGhost express, and me and my talent are STRAPPED IN!

Liftoff!
ActionStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #47
Bono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionStar View Post
Bono, you want me to do U 2? LOL! I joke, but the real Bono should be carrying YOUR bags as you take a golden escalator to the top floor of HOLLYWOOD! Last stop, superstardom!

I shouldn't say this, but I used to work for the government in the XXXXX division of the XXXX agency! I'm probably going to be hunted down for saying this by the Time Soldiers, but I've seen your future, and I am BUYING!
Framing this.

What an epic comeback. 15 posts, but joined in 2008. 11 years you waited just to throw out some fortune cookies on crack. Welcome home, Action Star.

You make Action Jackson look like a fool for not hiring you to play Carl Weathers... Wow this is harder than it looks, Action Star. Praise be.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #48
GucciGhostXXX

Ha!

This thread just went into the RAD ZONE! LOL
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #49
Merrick
User

You say you've sold a hit film as a manager. Maybe that's your calling? You also sold as a writer, that's great. But I realize it sucks when your stuff is sold but unproduced.

I think your story is really common in LA - a ton of people who are > < this close. Even many people who are on top fall back to > < this close. I read an interview with Stallone where he said he was industry poison for ~15 years and only managed to get back on top with Rocky and Rambo reboots.

Freelance creative jobs are ridiculously insecure. That's why when many people succeed, they hold onto it with dear life.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:57 AM   #50
Vango
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
You say you've sold a hit film as a manager. Maybe that's your calling? You also sold as a writer, that's great. But I realize it sucks when your stuff is sold but unproduced.

I think your story is really common in LA - a ton of people who are > < this close. Even many people who are on top fall back to > < this close. I read an interview with Stallone where he said he was industry poison for ~15 years and only managed to get back on top with Rocky and Rambo reboots.

Freelance creative jobs are ridiculously insecure. That's why when many people succeed, they hold onto it with dear life.
Having read several of Gucci's posts, I agree that he would be a fantastic manager. It seems he cares, is very personable, can relate to different people on a number of different levels, and has a good base of LA connections. All of those are skills that one can try and leverage to make money. Writing is something that can always be supplemented by one or two other things (but anything more, and maybe it starts to feel like the writing is on the back burner all your life). A position as a manger could ultimately lead to becoming a producer. And then at that point, hopefully the writing has been built to a level that it's some of the best work in town. Just my opinion, but I don't know much! Good luck!
Vango is offline   Reply With Quote